Pito28

Egress Black Special

I am a bit surprised they didn't go for the TD4 Egress..  I'll have to see the car whether I want one or not..  not the biggest fan of the black edition Avante, so..  

Oh wait, the video shows the black edition..silly me.  It's kinda like my black SuperAstute.. just a different color body and decals?  Just get custom decals made and walla, no?  hummmm.. Tamiya needed to do this on a TD4..but what do I know..

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yeah, hardly exciting news, but will get 2 units..  :lol:  because that is what my pretend RC shop does.   But for certain the next Egress I build will house an Avante driver in the cockpit..!

• Like 2

On 7/29/2022 at 5:38 PM, Willy iine said:

I am a bit surprised they didn't go for the TD4 Egress..  I'll have to see the car whether I want one or not..  not the biggest fan of the black edition Avante, so..  

Oh wait, the video shows the black edition..silly me.  It's kinda like my black SuperAstute.. just a different color body and decals?  Just get custom decals made and walla, no?  hummmm.. Tamiya needed to do this on a TD4..but what do I know..

I think the egress on the TD4 chassis has still got a very good chance of appearing  whatever they may call it super egress or egress 2023 etc etc why wouldn't they forgetting about its quirky design features I think tamiya want it to be their signature chassis probably have a few tweaks and  changes as it goes along! Probably going to be quite interesting?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moffman said:

I think the egress on the TD4 chassis has still got a very good chance of appearing  whatever they may call it super egress or egress 2023 etc etc why wouldn't they forgetting about its quirky design features I think tamiya want it to be their signature chassis probably have a few tweaks and  changes as it goes along! Probably going to be quite interesting?

I believe so!  I guess you and I have to make a stop grabbing the black edition rere Egress as a stepping stone to the future Super Egress..? :D   You are grabbing this black edition once released, correct?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I believe so!  I guess you and I have to make a stop grabbing the black edition rere Egress as a stepping stone to the future Super Egress..? :D   You are grabbing this black edition once released, correct?  

Well I'm hopeful to get one the nearer to Christmas the better for me so I'm hoping for a November/December release (good excuse for xmas present;)) but my local hobby shop has temporarily closed because the guy who owns it is seriously not very well and it's a family run business and he's been very good and reliable to me so I'm not ordering from anyone else so he's got my support which he'll need! so when he's back to top form and re-opens I've got a huge order list including the schumacher cougar classic and paint and tamiya/kyosho parts servos and the list goes on now including said egress black edition!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, moffman said:

Well I'm hopeful to get one the nearer to Christmas the better for me so I'm hoping for a November/December release (good excuse for xmas present;)) but my local hobby shop has temporarily closed because the guy who owns it is seriously not very well and it's a family run business and he's been very good and reliable to me so I'm not ordering from anyone else so he's got my support which he'll need! so when he's back to top form and re-opens I've got a huge order list including the schumacher cougar classic and paint and tamiya/kyosho parts servos and the list goes on now including said egress black edition!

Wow, hope your shop owner gets well soon!   It's great to hear you have a reliable source for your RC needs.. hope you don't shock him too much with a tidal wave of orders upon his return!  :lol:

• Like 2

Finally got some time this morning to check out the end of July Tamiya Official Channel on Youtube.  

Some notes.. 

Paisen (Mr. Satoshi Maezumi)  tested and drove the original Egress at the All Japan Championships and took 4th place.  He was in 7th grade junior high school at the time.  

He test drove the original Egress while Tamiya was developing the car. 

On the new Black Edition, they talked about how difficult it is to anodize the titanium color on the damper as humidity and temperature can change the hue.

They were not sure why development used 95 on the wing.. Paisen will ask..  (they questioned whether it could be Showa95 ?  they were unsure)  

Tamiya will announce price and availability soon.   To be displayed at the upcoming Tokyo Hobby Show.   

Paisen feels the car should be able to participate in classic buggy class (1980’s class)   

The front knuckle angle appears different between the previous rere and black edition.

IMG_2022-8-6-133554.jpg.9bfe4f6294841804ec7f04e8d4fc3615.jpg

- - - - -

Personally not a fan of the gray wheels and the cheap 1980’s matchbox car plastic colored tinted windows, but I can always change that.. :D 

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack the thread... curious about the Beta tool cart and the tools on it.

10 hours ago, d4dawg said:

Sorry to hijack the thread... curious about the Beta tool cart and the tools on it.

IMG_Oct172021at103814AM.jpg.ec5449701cc2eeb599321d0650f230dc.jpg

This is in my garage, not my pretend RC shop.  It’s a great sleek mobile cart, I keep my most-used 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 drive Beta, SnapOn, SK, Facom tools in there along with an electric ratchet.  I own several cars so having this cart makes it very convenient.  I much rather move the tool cart to my cars, not my cars to my tools.  B)

I will check back on the Tamiya Official channel for any further updates on the Egress Black Edition and post up.  It’s my primary source for the latest Tamiya info.  I enjoy their other info they include in the show like market info including race results, shop info, conventions, history, open table with the other Tamiya folks, Q&A, etc. etc. :D   

• Like 2

Well this pulled me back from the dark, preorder in with modelsport , I have the original avante and a avante black, I have a original egress a rere and now the egress black.. been a while since I have wanted to buy or build anything (almost with the top force) but a egress ... yusss please

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, z00ter said:

Well this pulled me back from the dark, preorder in with modelsport , I have the original avante and a avante black, I have a original egress a rere and now the egress black.. been a while since I have wanted to buy or build anything (almost with the top force) but a egress ... yusss please

Awesome, man!   I’m definitely getting one too.   :D  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

This is in my garage, not my pretend RC shop.  It’s a great sleek mobile cart, I keep my most-used 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 drive Beta, SnapOn, SK, Facom tools in there along with an electric ratchet.  I own several cars so having this cart makes it very convenient.  I much rather move the tool cart to my cars, not my cars to my tools.  B)

Thanks for sharing, that's a nice setup!  I have a small collection of Snap-on, Koken, a few German brands, and Toptul from Taiwan as well. Though I don't work on 1:1 cars as much anymore, I still keep adding tools to the collection. More than I could ever use. :lol: 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, d4dawg said:

Thanks for sharing, that's a nice setup!  I have a small collection of Snap-on, Koken, a few German brands, and Toptul from Taiwan as well. Though I don't work on 1:1 cars as much anymore, I still keep adding tools to the collection. More than I could ever use. :lol: 

No problem.  I know what you mean by the ever growing tool collection.  I too love tools.. :lol:   

My RC tool box looks like this.. real simple, portable but super functional.  

IMG_Nov192021at101539AM.jpg.f1b45830ffeb5ddd64eb734a04114294.jpg

IMG_Nov192021at101554AM.jpg.e5c75ff5658b8f81b969f1940b75c811.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 10:19 PM, Willy iine said:

IMG_Nov192021at101539AM.jpg.f1b45830ffeb5ddd64eb734a04114294.jpg

IMG_Nov192021at101554AM.jpg.e5c75ff5658b8f81b969f1940b75c811.jpg

Is this 1:1 or another piece of your fantastic model workshop equipment? 😉

• Haha 4

The garage & toolboxes are way more interesting! :lol:

• Haha 1

Have a cup of coffee as we wait for further info from Tamiya on the Egress Black edition.  :D 

IMG_2022-8-9-185257.jpg.77770e64d8ba7da66b4440ac29b6f6d7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1