Pito28

Egress Black Special

Thanks for the heads up!  Added to the list of kits that I have on back-order with Tower.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gaoh X said:

Pre-order up at Tower Hobbies for fellow North American’s…

https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/110-rc-egress-black-edition-kit/TAM47489.html

….add that $80 Super Saver Club coupon discount if a member and not bad at all!

I wonder if they are going to deliver..  seems they have allocation issues even though a big player in the USA.. I mean people are still waiting for their Optima MID ..  yeah, might be a Kyosho problem, but still.. you'd expect a big player to have a lot more pull.  And only $404?  Is that even correct or is that a joke for 404 Not Found?  :lol: TFEvo is $439 at their store. 

• Haha 1

Gotta admit that MAP cost at $404.xx is too funny, but it does align with the usual 30% off Tamiya USA MSRP (but, yes, it does seem low since the re-re Egress had a much higher MSRP than this “Black Edition”…….hmmmmm).

I suppose I have had good luck the last few years since typically pre-order just a bit after they go live (8 for 8 so far at least on receiving the initial shipments including the 45th Porsche, Optima Mid, etc), although I have heard of some early pre-orders also never getting fulfilled.

Time will tell with Tower per the norm, though.  

• Like 1

Glad I checked this thread, got my preorder in just now. 

And for any of you who are not in the Super Saver Club, don't bother joining for this as it rejected the $80 coupon. but it did let me use the regular $60 coupon. 

On 9/4/2022 at 2:04 AM, khj626 said:

Glad I checked this thread, got my preorder in just now. 

And for any of you who are not in the Super Saver Club, don't bother joining for this as it rejected the $80 coupon. but it did let me use the regular $60 coupon. 

Just email them and they'll apply the right coupon.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I think I saw ETA December on Tower.. which probably means Spring 2023 if lucky.  :lol:

..:blink:

Later the better for me! If it's a December release I'm thinking xmas present thus saving me money;) 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, moffman said:

Later the better for me! If it's a December release I'm thinking xmas present thus saving me money;) 

Same here. I just got the Black Avante. I wouldn't mind waiting for the Black Egress for a bit longer, so I can spread out the expense.

I like it. I pre ordered one from Tower Hobbies. I had a rerelease one but sold it after awhile. It was pricey too. This one was cheaper than the new TD4 Avante. I'll build this one and get it running.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 8:51 AM, RC4x4 said:

I like it. I pre ordered one from Tower Hobbies. I had a rerelease one but sold it after awhile. It was pricey too. This one was cheaper than the new TD4 Avante. I'll build this one and get it running.

My thoughts as well... Already got the Avante Black, but think I will keep the Avante in box, and build and run the Egress Black instead.

With the Avante Black... was extremely difficult to get in Australia, but I noticed it was much easier to find in Tamiya stores from Thailand.

Looking forward to this one… even the opinions are divided… 

I guess they will bring it with a Ball-Diff?! As the Avante BE…

Can imagine to make this one a runner. Any Ideas about the Knuckles? Will Avante Alloy-Knockles fit? What you guys think?

On 10/6/2022 at 1:08 PM, Tumbi said:

Looking forward to this one… even the opinions are divided… 

I guess they will bring it with a Ball-Diff?! As the Avante BE…

Can imagine to make this one a runner. Any Ideas about the Knuckles? Will Avante Alloy-Knockles fit? What you guys think?

I could be completely wrong but doesn't the egress come with ball diff already? I can't remember as I built my one back in 2013! And I can't even remember what I had for my breakfast this morning never mind 9 years ago:unsure:

• Haha 1

I believe that this special release will be identical to the re e Egress except the color of body and dampers.
I already made gold Hi Cap Dampers for my Avante 2001 some years ago so nothing really interesting for my in this release.
The good thing is that Egress spare parts will endure more time.

Max

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moffman said:

I could be completely wrong but doesn't the egress come with ball diff already? I can't remember as I built my one back in 2013! And I can't even remember what I had for my breakfast this morning never mind 9 years ago:unsure:

Yes, ball diffs are standard on the 2013 Egress.  

I know what you mean.. when I'm busy I start to forget if the thing I did earlier in the day was today or the day before.. :wacko:  old age?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Yes, ball diffs are standard on the 2013 Egress.  

I know what you mean.. when I'm busy I start to forget if the thing I did earlier in the day was today or the day before.. :wacko:  old age?

Ball diff are standards also in 1989 Egress...

Max

On 10/6/2022 at 7:08 AM, Tumbi said:

Any Ideas about the Knuckles? Will Avante Alloy-Knockles fit? What you guys think?

Hard to tell.. I looked at my Avante knuckles and compared side by side with my rere Egress and the angles appears similar, but in that official Tamiya channel video where Paisen introduced the black Egress, they mentioned something about the angle was different between the rere Egress and black Egress..  we will have to see.  

22 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Hard to tell.. I looked at my Avante knuckles and compared side by side with my rere Egress and the angles appears similar, but in that official Tamiya channel video where Paisen introduced the black Egress, they mentioned something about the angle was different between the rere Egress and black Egress..  we will have to see.  

Thank you very much for checking out! I just ordered some - lets see… and an Avante Driver 🤓 thx for your support Willy!

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 11:58 AM, jdh6fan said:

Looks like Tower has quit taking pre orders on this.  Just shows "out of stock" now.

I am not sure whether that is a good sign or bad..  did they fill up all allocation for their store? 

My order at another vendor has pushed out twice already.. :wacko:

I see tamico are reviewing the egress back edition on their YouTube channel and putting the box side by side with the avante black special (unfortunately I don't speak German so no idea what they are saying) but eather way its interesting!

On 11/6/2022 at 3:44 PM, moffman said:

I see tamico are reviewing the egress back edition on their YouTube channel and putting the box side by side with the avante black special (unfortunately I don't speak German so no idea what they are saying) but eather way its interesting!

I think they may have added an English subtitled version.

It is what it is - a standard Egress re-re with a different colour scheme and box.  Gorgeous, with a hint of Imperial pilot about it...

81TX6Zf3CUL._AC_SL1500_[1].jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

TamiyaBlog have just released some detail pics, I assume from Tamiya:

https://tamiyablog.com/2022/11/detail-photos-of-tamiya-47489-egress-black-edition/

Interesting that they've gone with a GT-Tuned motor rather than the Super Stock BZ used for the regular Egress re-re.  I assume for aesthetic reasons - the shiny silver can matching the silver foil decals of the Black Edition.

I am still struggling to like that gray wheel..  but I can always change that to black or paint it gunmetal.. will have to see it in person I suppose.   B)

• Like 1