Pito28

Egress Black Special

2 hours ago, Twinfan said:

I love them, they remind me of those fitted to my 1:1 car...

Nice.. I’ll just have to see them when my kit arrives.   :D   It hasn’t deterred me from getting one.  I was thinking about running those gray wheels on a gunmetal painted Avante.  

I think gunmetal would be a bit darker than that gray color.. and the yellow Avante decals with anodized dampers will have quite a bit more pop than that Porsche.. but I like the gray Porsche you posted above too.  The shape of the car allows it to pull it off.  :D

The detailed pics just released by Tamiya appear to show the screws in the same gold-titanium colour as the shocks and uprights.  Hobbyco in Sydney has them in stock and teh shocks and uprights look mint.  Could not see the screw bags though!

Luke

20 minutes ago, luke.jenner said:

The detailed pics just released by Tamiya appear to show the screws in the same gold-titanium colour as the shocks and uprights.  Hobbyco in Sydney has them in stock and teh shocks and uprights look mint.  Could not see the screw bags though!

Luke

Finally, I might get my order soon (different shop)..!

Sharing fantastic Tamiya Black Edition build experience on Youtube.  I’ve added my own flavour with the iconic custom brushless Sport Tuned motor.  It stands out on my shelf.  Also looks great as a new in box with it’s blister pack presentation.  It certainly is better in the flesh.  The only thing I would change is to have silver / chrome instead of the matt grey wheels.  Then again I think the Tamiya designers intended this to be subtle & classy.  Please like, comment, share & subscribe to my Youtube channel for more videos like this.  Thanks for watching!

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, T-StudioWorks said:

We wish you hope.  😇

Thanks.  No tracking number yet.. :blink:   I mean I've waited this long, what's an extra week, right?  lol. 

10 minutes ago, jdh6fan said:

Willy, who did you order from?  I ordered from Tower but haven't heard a thing.

Yeah, decided to order from rcMart too.   They have them in stock.  You just need to pay a premium.

Once more available in the USA, I hope to get my order from Tower as well.. but I'm not sure when that's going to be... next Spring?  Summer?  :wacko:  

I've always been very fortunate in getting product from Tower, but yes it seems as if the US is always the last to get the newest releases.  There prices with the coupons just make it so hard to buy anywhere else.  I know that I was very worried that I was going to miss out on the Avante Black that I went ahead and ordered one from EuroRC then the one from Tower shipped.  Ended up with 2, I guess thats not a bad problem.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jdh6fan said:

I've always been very fortunate in getting product from Tower, but yes it seems as if the US is always the last to get the newest releases.  There prices with the coupons just make it so hard to buy anywhere else.  I know that I was very worried that I was going to miss out on the Avante Black that I went ahead and ordered one from EuroRC then the one from Tower shipped.  Ended up with 2, I guess thats not a bad problem.  

That's good, I mean if you're okay to wait for a bit I am sure Tower will fulfill your order eventually.. unless Tamiya decides to short the production and run out.. :wacko: too early to worry about that though.

I like to be surrounded by my toys so I am sort of a collector myself; having 2 special limited edition kits is a great thing!  :D  Build one, the other one for NIB display.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jdh6fan said:

Same.........have never been shorted from initial batches they get in for years and years at Tower (it's not that hard to figure out when they will post pre-orders up on their site).  Granted, I still do reserve one occasionally at a LHS, though, for the ones that seem really low production runs, etc.

7 hours ago, jdh6fan said:

Willy, who did you order from?  I ordered from Tower but haven't heard a thing.

I should be getting mine from Tower tomorrow, I ordered mine on 9/30.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 3:51 PM, Bullitt3577 said:

I should be getting mine from Tower tomorrow, I ordered mine on 9/30.

Awesome!  GL with your build.  

Mine arrived as well.  B)

IMG_2022-11-25-102514.jpg.1f8b51b78982118632093c321c79c889.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/22/2022 at 10:26 PM, Willy iine said:

Awesome!  GL with your build.  

Mine arrived as well.  B)

IMG_2022-11-25-102514.jpg.1f8b51b78982118632093c321c79c889.jpg

Two! One to build one to keep? Hopefully mine will arrive next week?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Two! One to build one to keep? Hopefully mine will arrive next week?

Hope you get yours soon!  B)  Yeah, going to keep one NIB.  I have NIB's  of the rere Egress and Avante as well.. just part of the collection I guess.  One of the boxes came with blemish on the corners so I guess I will build that one.  The other box is perfect.  

I opened them yesterday to check them out...  beautiful!  I don't care what people say about the Black Edition man, this car is dear to me. :wub: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Hope you get yours soon!  B)  Yeah, going to keep one NIB.  I have NIB's  of the rere Egress and Avante as well.. just part of the collection I guess.  One of the boxes came with blemish on the corners so I guess I will build that one.  The other box is perfect.  

I opened them yesterday to check them out...  beautiful!  I don't care what people say about the Black Edition man, this car is dear to me. :wub: 

Yeah except them for what they are! I'm really looking forward to getting mine fingers crossed for next week I see Europe has them now so it must be soon:D

• Like 1

Mine just arrived friday. I opened it and was in ah over the blister packs. It almost makes you not want to build it but I will and put it next to my VQS. Tamiya really makes some nice stuff and always have to have one or two. Yeah, no extra's on Tower. I may have to get another one.

Cory

Got mine in yesterday.  I know that some were not real excited about this kit but I was super excited due to missing out on the normal egress re release.  The normal re re's seem to be selling for prices that I just cant justify but this is cheaper than the Top Force Evo.  I know the TFE has a motor and esc but I don't put a lot of value in the silver can it came with.  Anyways congrats to those who got one, now lets see them built and maybe some running videos too!  

• Like 1