Pito28

Egress Black Special

On 11/21/2022 at 4:04 PM, T-StudioWorks said:

Some pics from the vid.

BA9A4567-DA78-4A6C-821F-39260CEE392E.jpeg

I would have preferred a Dynatech 01R decal for the motor, as mostly installed in the 1989 Egress.
But very nice vid / build.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 7:54 PM, Sgt.Speirs said:

I would have preferred a Dynatech 01R decal for the motor, as mostly installed in the 1989 Egress.
But very nice vid / build.

Agreed like in this original…  😜

• Like 2

On 11/29/2022 at 5:17 PM, T-StudioWorks said:

Agreed like in this original…  😜

Great original!

For the Black Special, instead of swapping the motor decal you could switch to an Avante 2001 body, then it´s period correct again!:lol:

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2022 at 6:32 AM, ruebiracer said:

Great original!

For the Black Special, instead of swapping the motor decal you could switch to an Avante 2001 body, then it´s period correct again!:lol:

You are a smart man!  Hope you have subscribed because you will love my next video.  🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, T-StudioWorks said:

You are a smart man!  Hope you have subscribed because you will love my next video.  🙂

Subscriber here, or on youtube?:lol: For sure I loved already your first video, they are so inspiring and with all that love to detail!

Kind regards,

Matthias

1 hour ago, ruebiracer said:

Subscriber here, or on youtube?:lol: For sure I loved already your first video, they are so inspiring and with all that love to detail!

Kind regards,

Matthias

Subscriber on YouTube I hope.  If you have done it already, thank you.  & thank you for the kind words.  Will continue to make better content.  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T-StudioWorks said:

Subscriber on YouTube I hope.  If you have done it already, thank you.  & thank you for the kind words.  Will continue to make better content.  🙂

Done for sure!;) Thank you for the kind words on my Avante 2001 runner.

• Like 1

I see in the videos and comments of RCKicks and RC Action Austrialia on YouTube that folks are annoyed this car doesn't come with a special motor.

The way I see it, it's a Black Edition, not a Black Special, so it's a colour change of the original kit not a special edition as such.  See the Lunch Box or Midnight Pumpkin Black Editions.  The Egress re-re didn't come with a motor so the Black Edition doesn't either.

They're also complaining about the price, but from what I can see the re-re a couple of years ago was around £450 and the Black Edition is around £500.  Prices on everything have gone up so it feels about right to me.

My pre-order should arrive next week, now it's time to hunt down another at a good price to build...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Twinfan said:

I see in the videos and comments of RCKicks and RC Action Austrialia on YouTube that folks are annoyed this car doesn't come with a special motor.

The way I see it, it's a Black Edition, not a Black Special, so it's a colour change of the original kit not a special edition as such.  See the Lunch Box or Midnight Pumpkin Black Editions.  The Egress re-re didn't come with a motor so the Black Edition doesn't either.

They're also complaining about the price, but from what I can see the re-re a couple of years ago was around £450 and the Black Edition is around £500.  Prices on everything have gone up so it feels about right to me.

My pre-order should arrive next week, now it's time to hunt down another at a good price to build...

Yeah you have a valid point! It would have been nice to have it's own motor like avante black and bigwig but it definitely doesn't distract from the beauty of the kit IMO? And as for the pricing of the kit i got mine for £485 my standard egress was £449(the receipt was still in the box) so only up by £35 since 2013 when I got my egress re-release and I can't believe I've had it that long coming up to 10 years:o 

I think what niggles a lot of people is its basically a standard egress with just different colours but then what gavin (rckicks) pointed out its an edition not a special? eather way I think its fantastic and I'm looking forward to building it over the xmas holidays:wub:

The fact that the car did not come with a motor did not bother me.. I didn't even think about it actually since I usually have to buy motors and ESC's on higher end kits anyway..  I just got a Tamiya 15.5 BL for brand orientation and I am happy with it.  B)  I love this car!

IMG_2022-12-1-174913.jpg.8fcf2a6f5b3b6d398648a04b3b0a0bd8.jpg

• Like 5

Like Adam, I'm going Super Stock BZ for mine and I'll pair it with either a Carson Dragster or a Hobbywing 1080 Crawler ESC 

Just need to decide whether to grab a second while I can, or hope for a cheaper one via a second or third batch like the Optima Mids which are creeping down in price....

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

The fact that the car did not come with a motor did not bother me.. I didn't even think about it actually since I usually have to buy motors and ESC's on higher end kits anyway..  I just got a Tamiya 15.5 BL for brand orientation and I am happy with it.  B)  I love this car!

IMG_2022-12-1-174913.jpg.8fcf2a6f5b3b6d398648a04b3b0a0bd8.jpg

Yours looks very good! The tire lettering and the black windows make it look instantly better! Nice quality paint job, like the driver colors!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

Yours looks very good! The tire lettering and the black windows make it look instantly better! Nice quality paint job, like the driver colors!

Thanks, actually the windows are clear.. 

IMG_2022-12-1-174848.jpg.6f2d30c12aa59fa768389580674aa861.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When opening my kit, I found it a little bit sad, that the gold uprights are a more champagne gold and not fitting to the fantastic shocks. Should have been easy to make the same anodizing on both aluminum parts? With the std. bright gold Egress springs, you end up having 3 slightly different gold tones in front. That´s a bit too much for me...

But quality of parts is top, no discussion. In the end, we have the possibility again to get cheap Egresses. I got mine on preorder for 399€ in Germany. And for this value and the price difference of about 80€ to the still available Avante Black Special it´s somehow reasonable again...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks, actually the windows are clear.. 

IMG_2022-12-1-174848.jpg.6f2d30c12aa59fa768389580674aa861.jpg

Even better to see the driver, thought they were slightly smoked!;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

Even better to see the driver, thought they were slightly smoked!;)

Haha.  :lol:  actually it is on the bottom.. :ph34r: 

IMG_2022-12-1-140632.jpg.59b41b4ea872ac6372c7357d8c1fa771.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

When opening my kit, I found it a little bit sad, that the gold uprights are a more champagne gold and not fitting to the fantastic shocks. Should have been easy to make the same anodizing on both aluminum parts? With the std. bright gold Egress springs, you end up having 3 slightly different gold tones in front. That´s a bit too much for me...

But quality of parts is top, no discussion. In the end, we have the possibility again to get cheap Egresses. I got mine on preorder for 399€ in Germany. And for this value and the price difference of about 80€ to the still available Avante Black Special it´s somehow reasonable again...

Once on the car with the different shadows from the curve it doesn't look bad at all.  I was a bit put off by the color of the damper housing as it looked like gold enamel when sprayed from a distance.. didn't look special at all and how Paisen was saying achieving that color on the damper was so difficult.. I'm like okay.. it doesn't look special?  :lol:   But I'm a guy that looks at the car in totality.. it looks great at the end as a whole.. given one does not use that blue tint.:blink:. and spray the wheels TS38.. but that's just me. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Once on the car with the different shadows from the curve it doesn't look bad at all.  I was a bit put off by the color of the damper housing as it looked like gold enamel when sprayed from a distance.. didn't look special at all and how Paisen was saying achieving that color on the damper was so difficult.. I'm like okay.. it doesn't look special?  :lol:   But I'm a guy that looks at the car in totality.. it looks great at the end as a whole.. given one does not use that blue tint.:blink:. and spray the wheels TS38.. but that's just me. 

I think everyone is going to have their own twist on how to build and add to it and nobody is wrong to do that your egress black is brilliant and very imaginative putting the avante driver figure in it 10 out of 10 for that! And I think we can all agree tyre writing lifts the model to a better level? Its going to be a few weeks before I start my egress and as it stands at the moment I'm going to use the blue tinted windows and I'm thinking of putting a coat of lame flake before the black and I've got a dynatech 02 motor for it! In regards to the uprights my 2011 avante uprights are a completely different shade to the ones on my avante black and my egress 2013 are exactly  the  same shade as the avante black so it will be interesting to see which shade is on my egress black (that was confusing:blink:)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, moffman said:

I think everyone is going to have their own twist on how to build and add to it and nobody is wrong to do that your egress black is brilliant and very imaginative putting the avante driver figure in it 10 out of 10 for that! And I think we can all agree tyre writing lifts the model to a better level? Its going to be a few weeks before I start my egress and as it stands at the moment I'm going to use the blue tinted windows and I'm thinking of putting a coat of lame flake before the black and I've got a dynatech 02 motor for it! In regards to the uprights my 2011 avante uprights are a completely different shade to the ones on my avante black and my egress 2013 are exactly  the  same shade as the avante black so it will be interesting to see which shade is on my egress black (that was confusing:blink:)

GL with your build!  B)   Yeah, tire lettering does make it look sporty.  Looking forward to how yours turn out!  

• Like 1

20221206_125914.thumb.jpg.a0dbb00113986e3231e12d0983dc3f25.jpghello

can anyone measure the front dampers on there egress as i want to sort my one out,i think there should be 75mm,i have bought hi caps vqs as was told the same but only 68mm,do i need longer rods or is body longer as well and springs.spacer.png

7 hours ago, magpie said:

20221206_125914.thumb.jpg.a0dbb00113986e3231e12d0983dc3f25.jpghello

can anyone measure the front dampers on there egress as i want to sort my one out,i think there should be 75mm,i have bought hi caps vqs as was told the same but only 68mm,do i need longer rods or is body longer as well and springs.spacer.png

Hi Magpie, guess it was me telling you to get the VQS set. This is still correct, you got the right dampers for the front. You can see it in the RERE Egress manual:

https://cdn.simba-dickie-group.de/downloads/300058583/300058583_Bauanleitung_Egress_2013.pdf

But if you compare to the dampers you have in your Egress, they have a longerbody and probably also a longer piston rod. But hey, yyou don´t have Tamiya dampers in it at the moment, seems you have some aftermarket in with different lengthes. And it seems, you have an original Egress, the first release. These should have a different shock tower in front, as the lower dampers were not directly connected to the wishbone as in your pic or on the Rere or all other Avante models. There were some steel brackets to mount the front shock more inwards and steeper. If you don´t have these brackets anymore, you should assemble the VQS dampers acc. the manual and test them in the car for suspension travel! If you have issues wit the travel, you can still get the Egress front shock tower from the Rerelease, or mount again the brackets on the wishbone.

Sorry for misunderstanding, didn´t know you have an original Egress/shocktower! But VQS damper length are the same as the original Egress Hicaps, so everything can be sorted in the end...

The shocks on the left (mounted to car) are Kyosho Platinum part # W5003 from the 1980's.  They came stock on the Turbo Ultima, Turbo Optima Mid SE and Turbo Rocky.

• Thanks 1

If one checks Tower, they would notice Egress no longer exist in their product portfolio.. it is discontinued.  :blink:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

If one checks Tower, they would notice Egress no longer exist in their product portfolio.. it is discontinued.  :blink:

In the UK they are still wildly available modelsport for example have good stock and I was talking to my LHS he only got what people pre-ordered because of the price he didn't want them sitting on his shelves but if anyone wanted one he can still comfortably get one from the uk importers (the hobby company) he reckons that they have been over subscribed and with the current climate he had a fair few cancellation that why he decided just to get the pre orders! But I do think once they have all gone from this first round tamiya won't be in any hurry to re release it for a while at least?

• Like 1