Pito28

Egress Black Special

8 hours ago, GTodd said:

Tamiya just needs to release the black with an Avanye 2001.body they already made and white Avante wheels. Darn thing would sell out in a week! 

Tamiya needs to stop being lazy with the rere! When was the last "new" rere not based on anything they currently had out? I think the Astute in 2020. 

I think they are feeling the pressure of new releases not selling as well as they had hoped.    The covid-RC era has long passed and people are going back to their normal routines away from RC especially with rising prices and cost of living.  Then all the major RC folks are into crawlers and high performance cars (which Tamiya lacks) and perhaps some like me still lingering around for nostalgic cars..  rest is mostly RTR.

I'm kind of old and I have no desire to get Tamiya's new releases.. :wacko:  like TD2, TD4, BBX.. no spark.  XV02-Pro and TRF420X are cool because they feel premium.. MB01 was an experiment that flopped for me.  :lol:  Never in my life I bought a new car that went straight to parts bin.

So it all comes back to premium nostalgic RC for me.   Egress is perfect from Tamiya.  If they do a CF version high- end Super Astute 2018, that would be interesting as well.    Mine runs 3rd party CF bits.

IMG_2022-5-18-181250.thumb.jpg.b0b5e2ff2f292f893b33349baa7456bf.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2023 at 11:49 AM, GTodd said:

Tamiya just needs to release the black with an Avanye 2001.body they already made and white Avante wheels. Darn thing would sell out in a week! 

Tamiya needs to stop being lazy with the rere! When was the last "new" rere not based on anything they currently had out? I think the Astute in 2020. 

I thought this was their plan all along, to put an Avante 2001 body on the Egress Black Edition & add some white Avante wheels to end the series on a high.

It could still be after maximising on the 2013 Egress rerelease again.  I don’t believe it’s about getting rid of leftover stock.  Everything is run in batches with small % in spares as it’s not cost effective to manufacture more parts than necessary.

Maybe they are changing strategy & moving closer towards Kyosho’s legendary series where they keep cycling through the cars.  More production runs are made not long after the last run are sold.  After gauging how much more profitable it is.

• Like 1

Tamico priced the Egress 2013 at € 389,99 including 19% German VAT. They have the Egress Black Edition priced at € 409,99 including 19% VAT.