Bwaaatch

The Mini 4wd thread!

1 hour ago, ad456 said:

Cool, I did think you’d bought two indeed. Looks smart. Once I’m over this stupid cold or whatever it is I’ll have to pop over and see it. 

Yeap got two when I met up with @OoALEJOoO. Come and pick up one for your boy and yourself when you are better and we can make a little weekend afternoon event for the kids. 

First race on the track, box standard class, Saint Dragon vs Cat Racer. 

jyreJ2q.jpg

Followed by the modified class, Thunder Dragon vs Aero Avante. 

8UFxsv0.jpg

FFMnYSR.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So finally unpacked all the Mini 4WDs from Singapore, 33 in total. 

diPB0Ay.jpg

YJqd2YK.jpg

w0xn0hO.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ad456 said:

@alvinlwh that hilux will look good next to the mst!

That's why I got it! 

• Like 2

Today is crazy day for the no-rule time attack challenge that Japanese mini4WD youtuber are competing.

First, a very minimalist design with just carbon plates stuck together

Then Niwakara with flexible chassis

And finally Azpaca with ADAM (Azpaca Designed Almighty Machine) :D

Last two videos have English subtitle btw

5 pages in, I’ve removed the question mark from the thread name. Hesitation replaced with the certainty of an exclamation mark! 

Thanks to everyone for making this thread a recurring feature on the site. I really enjoy having somewhere to talk/hear about this hobby.

@wolfdogstinkus amazing! That's what Tamiya is all about, be it Mini 4WD, RC, static or their educational kits. Out of the box thinking, building and modification. So will never get the point of Mini 4WDs but I think you nailed it perfectly.

You had given me an idea, an "off road" section built out of cardboard to my track. 

• Like 1

The price of track with shipping to the U.K is ridiculous, I've looked at buying tracks before but I fear the kids would get bored after a few laps, so had some excess cardboard lying around and the trusty hot glue gun, and we have a working 2 lane track!!!...

1 minute ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

The price of track with shipping to the U.K is ridiculous, I've looked at buying tracks before but I fear the kids would get bored after a few laps, so had some excess cardboard lying around and the trusty hot glue gun, and we have a working 2 lane track!!!...

Bravo! I have a few models on the way and looked into the track but shipping was unreal! I am going to do something similar so thanks for the inspiration 🙌🏻

• Like 1

Just now, Misterp180 said:

Bravo! I have a few models on the way and looked into the track but shipping was unreal! I am going to do something similar so thanks for the inspiration 🙌🏻

BUZcSJc.jpeg

I know the tape is outta focus but this bit is 98cm long although I included the overlap which joins to the next piece of track.

I could have made it shorter, the cars are stable here, they only left the track on the inside corner under the bed, occasionally jumping from inside track to outside.. I didn't know staggering the height of the barriers would have such an advantage..

fwVepuP.jpeg

It would run round the inside track as an oval without the straight sections but I had to make a lane changer to make a fair lap. 

To anyone contemplating it, go for it, it was easy enough, and can be packed away pretty small,. Or added to and adapted any way you want!!. 

I put some velcro tabs on the bottom so it sticks to the carpet and doesn't shift around. Only tried in one direction because of the joining tabs but I'm sure it would work in reverse.

Edit to add: to anyone else who wants one but is too lazy to make their own?. If you'd just like to sign my organ donation record and  send goats we can discuss further..

3 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

The price of track with shipping to the U.K is ridiculous

That's why I flew out to the Far East to buy some in person. 😂 Oh and to meet up with a fellow forum member. 

gO4P9HI.jpeg

They had been proven a hit with the kids and their friends so next trip I will be getting two of the 3 lanes tracks. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

That's why I flew out to the Far East to buy some in person. 😂 Oh and to meet up with a fellow forum member. 

gO4P9HI.jpeg

They had been proven a hit with the kids and their friends so next trip I will be getting two of the 3 lanes tracks. 

Which guy are you?. Who is the other guy?, And why are you touching his butt? It looks like he's smiling, so he must have liked it.. only joking, it's always good meeting Tamiyaclub members.

I remember this one time at bandcamp,,

Oh no, wait!, That's something else.

Tamiyaclub 2012

I did think about a 3 lane track. It would be reasonably easy to add on to a future project now that I have a working model.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Which guy are you?. Who is the other guy?, And why are you touching his butt? It looks like he's smiling, so he must have liked it.. only joking, it's always good meeting Tamiyaclub members.

I am on the left in the picture. The guy on the right is OoALEJOoO, and he is from South America. I am not sure about his butt, but it is the vehicle his butt rests on that caused me to realised where he is (long story coming up!). He rides a Honda CB400SF, a bike that I used to own 2 decades ago, and normally only available in very few countries, mainly JP, SG and AU (I think). He was asking about that bike in the static model thread which makes me realised where he is.

Yes you are right, this forum is amazing, I managed to find a fellow member all the way out here in Orkney that is literally round the corner (and father just a few houses down from me), and then meet up with a SA member in Asia with myself flying in from Europe. Nevermind band camp, this is more like six degrees of separation! 

• Like 1

Orkney?, You just wanted to be more Scottish than everyone else eh?. Teuchter!!!!. I'm currently in Fife but will be further north again soon.

5 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Orkney?, You just wanted to be more Scottish than everyone else eh?. Teuchter!!!!. I'm currently in Fife but will be further north again soon.

Orkney is nothing. 2009 - 2015 I was living in Shetland. That was a bit too far north and the wife got fed up so we moved back south. 😂

Hi,

Because this is "The Mini 4wd thread!" can someone guide me ...

Fortunately, I have approx. 90 cars (new in the box) and 3 circuits with accessories.

What is the best option to find out their price today?

We don't use them and probably someone would be happy to have them.

I will attach a picture of some.

Please do not consider this post as SPAM.

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-11-28 214952.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomason said:

What is the best option to find out their price today?

Really depends on your country. Your profile says you are in Belgium? So unfortunately I cannot take the tracks off you as postage will be prohibitive. However I will be interested in your cars. Mind dropping me a message with the list/pictures? 

A side note is the cars in your picture are still current. So will not fetch a high price. 

https://www.plazajapan.com/4950344064069/?setCurrencyId=4

https://www.plazajapan.com/4950344064137/

https://www.plazajapan.com/4950344064144/

A good way to price them up will be compare them against PJ website above, if still available and current. 

@Tomason the prices for cars depends a lot on the specific model and its age. Many cars have been re-released, and newer ones tend to be worth less.

As a rule, anything made in Japan tends to be be older, and worth more. Anything from the 80s new in box is a gold mine. 90s a bit less so but still valuable. After that it depends in rarity and how iconic the kit is. Some kits were much lower volume or have never been re-re’d, so worth more.

I too would be interested in seeing a complete list!

14 minutes ago, Bwaaatch said:

@Tomason the prices for cars depends a lot on the specific model and its age. Many cars have been re-released, and newer ones tend to be worth less.

As a rule, anything made in Japan tends to be be older, and worth more. Anything from the 80s new in box is a gold mine. 90s a bit less so but still valuable. After that it depends in rarity and how iconic the kit is. Some kits were much lower volume or have never been re-re’d, so worth more.

Oh, you are right, didn't noticed the part numbers on the box, they are the original not the current ones. Still PJ has the old price for them, so a useful starting point.