Bwaaatch

The Mini 4wd thread!

So while the MA is the fastest, it is also the most likely to come off the track. So to get to the root of the problem, I took a slow motion video. While all these 4 cars are equipped with brakes, I had not installed the foam yet and this probably calls for some braking on the MA.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

So while the MA is the fastest, it is also the most likely to come off the track. So to get to the root of the problem, I took a slow motion video. While all these 4 cars are equipped with brakes, I had not installed the foam yet and this probably calls for some braking on the MA.

Looks like you need some additional advertising!!, Have you considered an IRN-BRU marketing campaign yet?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Looks like you need some additional advertising!!, Have you considered an IRN-BRU marketing campaign yet?

I got Tennent's calling me earlier!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gabranth said:

This looks fun

So many questions, primarily where to I find these tracks.

1 hour ago, lentner3 said:

So many questions, primarily where to I find these tracks.

Try 70108, 70247, 70100, etc...

1 hour ago, Gabranth said:

Next time someone said Mini4WD is for kids, show them this B)

566475045_Screenshot(207).thumb.png.9663346ea116f4e5f0f8068335062174.png

I'm dying to get some more cars so I can build another track to play,..    erm I mean for my kids to play with of course but I have to check its suitable for their age group.  quality control. That's my excuse. 

Toys??, Mini4wd are missile's!!!!. Lol, great fun though..

Got my old Nikko mini running tonight, although the center driveshaft was binding so I took it out.

Still seems to work ok... anyone else running mini 2WD? :ph34r:

Bought this on impulse because I like the color, and since the box is damaged I got it relatively cheap

20230811_090444.thumb.jpg.08a80f327baad144bd75027ba67380b7.jpg

It's a Super Avante (not that Super Avante), and if anyone wondering what's so super about this version of Super Avante

20230810_104052.thumb.jpg.a22febf9692dbcb479c7dab91cf516ce.jpg

The differences are minor, noticeably fins instead of damper prop and more openings

Now that I have VS chassis I tried to fit that spare Avante body I mentioned before and while it fits. the front doesn't clip properly. I could try using the front clip from the Super Avante as it's removable but I don't want to risk breaking it. So yeah, that smoked canopy Avante body there is likely only fit the original Type-2 chassis by default.

• Like 1

I wonder if lots of mini 4wd fans actually own tracks.. Mini4wd was my favorite hobby when i was a kid which i used to run at local track, but there is no place around me to run them.. 

Maybe i need to get few kits to relieve my childhood.

I'm just seeing this thread now. I have close to 50 Junior buggies and Mini 4wd trucks, mostly from the 80s and 90s. I only have one built so far, but I intend on building more for display next to my 1/10 models as they get built/rebuilt. I love them, they are like "professional" Stompers, for those that remember those things. 

PXL_20230113_011641510.thumb.jpg.aebd31904838d45c881c9f495e908810.jpg

PXL_20230113_011716821.thumb.jpg.d1f6559194c7841d1f3d2dc22001dba4.jpg

33 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

I wonder if lots of mini 4wd fans actually own tracks.. Mini4wd was my favorite hobby when i was a kid which i used to run at local track, but there is no place around me to run them.. 

Maybe i need to get few kits to relieve my childhood.

Been so long since I touched the track, now I'm just hunting for rare and old model to be collected, built, displayed, and adored. Compared to RC they're relatively much cheaper and take far less room to store so I don't mind collecting them simply as shelf queen.

Also I have airbrush setup for scale model so I'm thinking to do some cosmetic customization worthy of display like the entries of this site

http://condele.club/

12 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Here is my track set up for the school holidays. Got some of the kids' friends around too. I had gifted them cars too so that they can race with their own cars.

This is actually made up of 1 1/2 sets of tracks using the straights from a second set to give it more running distance.

• Like 1

Bumping this thread because I am excited about an upcoming trip to a new Mini 4wd racing venue in New Jersey, it's called Sidebite.

I'm in the UK, but this is in fact my most accessible Mini 4wd experience, given that almost nothing happens over here, and that I don't speak Italian!

Sidebite is brand new (opened in March) and very much modelled on DXN Provisions not he West coast: https://www.instagram.com/dxn_provisions/

Sidebite doesn't have an online shop yet, but seems pretty well stocked with kits and tune-up parts. I plan to go with my daughter, buy a kit, build on site and race in on their 5-lane wooden track! Will reports back when done. Very much looking forward to being in a room with fellow enthusiasts!

• Thanks 1

@Bwaaatch New Jersey you say?!? I have not heard of this and will need to check them out.