Sign in to follow this  
smirk-racing

TA-02sw aftermarket wheels/tires that are very similar to stock

Hi All,

I love the 45th anniv TA-02 but there are a few wrinkles that make it a challenging vehicle to own/update etc (wheelbase, offset wheels, etc).

Are there aftermarket wheels and tires that are similar to stock? Or, I want to keep the original stock tires for display purposes. For running, I'd like to use something that easy to procure and easy to replace.

Does anyone know what the offset is for the wheels? I'm guessing approx 8mm (to go from the stock TA-02 width of 185mm to the TA-02sw width of 202mm.

Thanks!

The stock wheels and tires can be bought at almost all major webshops that's selling Tamiya. The rear wheels I believe is +2mm and +10mm (you can mount the center on either side to get different offset). 

The MST Wheels are nice and you get the benefit of using regular 26mm so you don't have to find the wide tires

Kawada makes some nice ones too in staggered sizing 31/26mm but they are getting harder to find and you'll have to paint the centers gold. Search "Kawada mesh"

Vaterra used to make some good staggered ones too, but I think they discontinued them.  See pics below

You can also get some from eBay, just search gold mesh 9mm wheel and pick up a set of those and some 3mms and you should be set.  They might make you buy them in sets of 4, but if you do, you'll have two sets!