Robbo29

Df-01+3 advice please

Hi all

Firstly the df01….

Has anyone used the jazrider aluminium steering setup, and is it worthwhile?

If I buy carbon shock towers front and rear, what spacers are needed for the top of the shocks (front)?

Now the df-03….

Rear diff is toast, I have seen the necessary replacement upgrade parts, but my question is, will the df01 ball diff fit?

Thanks all!

Carbon shock tower spacers, I reckon this spacer kit should cover you - 

Tamiya 53539 (OP539) diameter 5.5mm Aluminum Spacer Set

I would imagine so bud, as the shocks need to be spaced away from the towers. Might be worth checking out the Top Force/Evo manual to double check what they used originally?

I would go with the Top Force damper mounts 9804987. Regarding the Jazrider steering: I've mounted one in my Top Force. There were no issues with installation and the appearance was quite good, had the red one. Can't say anything about driving performance as I sold the car almost directly after finishing it. 

Thanks for that, will check out the part number, and thanks for the feedback on the steering, just looking at bling options, just wondered if it took any slop out of it by replacing the rod 👍

25 minutes ago, Aerobert said:

I would go with the Top Force damper mounts 9804987. Regarding the Jazrider steering: I've mounted one in my Top Force. There were no issues with installation and the appearance was quite good, had the red one. Can't say anything about driving performance as I sold the car almost directly after finishing it. 

I use the GPM steering set, which looks to be much the same as the Jazzrider one. Noticeable slop reduction compared to stock. I use the same set in my FF-01 and TA-02 with equal success. 

4 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Ah I didn't realise the Top Force uses the same damper mounts as the Super Astute. They are very nice little bits of engineered aluminium. Available at stupid prices here in the UK for only 2 of the 4 required -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394000219693?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=RPYY7N2XTou&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=tZpl78SaSly&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

Probably cheaper elsewhere. Tamico have them half the price, but their 160€ minimum order screws that up for small parts orders unfortunately🙄

1 hour ago, TurnipJF said:

I use the GPM steering set, which looks to be much the same as the Jazzrider one. Noticeable slop reduction compared to stock. I use the same set in my FF-01 and TA-02 with equal success. 

That’s good to know thanks 👍

26 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Ah I didn't realise the Top Force uses the same damper mounts as the Super Astute. They are very nice little bits of engineered aluminium. Available at stupid prices here in the UK for only 2 of the 4 required -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394000219693?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=RPYY7N2XTou&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=tZpl78SaSly&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

Probably cheaper elsewhere. Tamico have them half the price, but their 160€ minimum order screws that up for small parts orders unfortunately🙄

Oh I really miss tamico!!! 

not ordered anything since the rules changed, such a good retailer as well 👍

5 hours ago, Robbo29 said:

Thanks mate, I’m thinking of upgrading my old blazing star 👍

Funnily enough I've picked up all the parts for the DF-01 conversion to carbon chassis over the past couple of weeks. I just won the front and rear shock towers on Sunday eve on eBay for a very decent price. I hadn't even thought about the damper mounts. Luckily I think I have a spare set of the Super Astute ones in my Astute box. Are you clear on all the parts required for the conversion? It's not a cheap one I must say.

9 minutes ago, Robbo29 said:

Oh I really miss tamico!!! 

not ordered anything since the rules changed, such a good retailer as well 👍

Man, I've never even placed an order with them, as they were already impacted by Brexit before I got back into the hobby. I have been tempted to order many, many times as they often have stock of rare or specific items. I just haven't been able to combine a parts order with a kit or something to get the order value up to 160€. They must have lost so much business by making the decision to change their minimum order value, it's just nuts.

1 minute ago, Kol__ said:

Funnily enough I've picked up all the parts for the DF-01 conversion to carbon chassis over the past couple of weeks. I just won the front and rear shock towers on Sunday eve on eBay for a very decent price. I hadn't even thought about the damper mounts. Luckily I think I have a spare set of the Super Astute ones in my Astute box. Are you clear on all the parts required for the conversion? It's not a cheap one I must say.

I was watching those parts on eBay too 😂

I haven’t bought any carbon bits yet, as it stands my plans are front and rear carbon towers, alloy motor mount, alloy prop and cups, and maybe alloy steering.

Have a work in progress manta ray body to finish in gun metal and black, no decals though as haven’t got any 👍

I imagine it may be worth buying a top force than converting on cost basis?

Just now, Kol__ said:

Man, I've never even placed an order with them, as they were already impacted by Brexit before I got back into the hobby. I have been tempted to order many, many times as they often have stock of rare or specific items. I just haven't been able to combine a parts order with a kit or something to get the order value up to 160€. They must have lost so much business by making the decision to change their minimum order value, it's just nuts.

They are so good and super quick delivery, very good customer service too.

I imagine at the minimum order value customs and tax becomes a thing. Many on here will have a better idea about that, but add vat and customs tax to the value and if your happy to take a chance order away 😂👍

4 minutes ago, Robbo29 said:

I was watching those parts on eBay too 😂

I haven’t bought any carbon bits yet, as it stands my plans are front and rear carbon towers, alloy motor mount, alloy prop and cups, and maybe alloy steering.

Have a work in progress manta ray body to finish in gun metal and black, no decals though as haven’t got any 👍

I imagine it may be worth buying a top force than converting on cost basis?

Lol, yeah that seller sells the same Top Force parts and Scania truck parts on a regular basis, so I'm sure they'll all be back up on eBay again soon mate.

Nah, it's certainly no where near as expensive as picking up a Top Force, well if you leave the gearboxes and drive shafts alone anyway. I've spent about £120 so far -

Carbon chassis, top deck and shock towers / J parts tree / F parts bag / propeller end shafts

14 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Lol, yeah that seller sells the same Top Force parts and Scania truck parts on a regular basis, so I'm sure they'll all be back up on eBay again soon mate.

Nah, it's certainly no where near as expensive as picking up a Top Force, well if you leave the gearboxes and drive shafts alone anyway. I've spent about £120 so far -

Carbon chassis, top deck and shock towers / J parts tree / F parts bag / propeller end shafts

That’s not too bad, I missed out on one a few weeks ago for £180 as had cash flow issues 😂

I’ll keep an eye out for the next batch of bits I’m in no rush 👍