alvinlwh

LRP Twister Buggy kit build

FINISHING UP ELECTRONICS 

jF6w7ri.jpeg

Longer sensor cable arrived meaning I can secure the ESC down and tidy up the wiring. 

b87KaBT.jpeg

Electronics done. 

UX3zhyr.jpeg

Over spray film not removed yet as I want to check the view through the windows and view ports before deciding to smoke or not. 

WOAM19h.jpeg

Left/port side. 

9sUGS5q.jpeg

Right/starboard side

mMdvjHr.jpeg

Overview, I decided not to smoke as, while there are not that much interesting stuff inside, it is relatively tidy. 

• Like 2

Interesting build and thanks for sharing.   Not familiar with this brand. Plastics look much better than general Tamiya cars other than the TRF series.  Mixed on the factory body design.  May be time to try a non-Tamiya build

17 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Interesting build and thanks for sharing.   Not familiar with this brand. Plastics look much better than general Tamiya cars other than the TRF series.  Mixed on the factory body design.  May be time to try a non-Tamiya build

Yah, I kind of got bored of Tamiya, you know the diff, gears, hubs, etc are recycled between various chassis so after a few, it became a "haven't I done that before". That is why I started looking into other brands, for a different experience. Although my every other car is still a Tamiya these days. Most recent was a WR-02CB, then this LRP, and then a Frog next week. 

Plastic, well, IDK at the moment as I said, it is rather hard to work with but note ad456's comment on it as well. 

Not sure what you mean by the body design? The box paint job? It was supplied as a clear body, so any design you want? Or do you just mean the general shape? Or my paint job? 😁 If it is my paint job, I never bother to do a "nice" paint job for my RC, as I hate "reverse" painting and masking of clear shells, and as a fellow member once said to me, I will end up on its roof anyway. I put more effort into my static models.

Personally, I never really like buggies, but if I have to pick, I prefer Tamiya's buggy designs. Then why I bought this? Well, price, it was a bargain, and  the "something different for a change" I mentioned above. I was really close to buying a Neo Fighter and saw this one popped up for the same money. It was a case of "something cheap, anything will do" to cure a case of itchy hands. 😂

Didn't realize they had a kits , thought they were straight up electronics company, have a few of their motors.

Nifty build me likes it.

Oh yeah, Blue is better can you say Makita?...:o

3 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Yah, I kind of got bored of Tamiya, you know the diff, gears, hubs, etc are recycled between various chassis so after a few, it became a "haven't I done that before". That is why I started looking into other brands, for a different experience. Although my every other car is still a Tamiya these days. Most recent was a WR-02CB, then this LRP, and then a Frog next week. 

Plastic, well, IDK at the moment as I said, it is rather hard to work with but note ad456's comment on it as well. 

Not sure what you mean by the body design? The box paint job? It was supplied as a clear body, so any design you want? Or do you just mean the general shape? Or my paint job? 😁 If it is my paint job, I never bother to do a "nice" paint job for my RC, as I hate "reverse" painting and masking of clear shells, and as a fellow member once said to me, I will end up on its roof anyway. I put more effort into my static models.

Personally, I never really like buggies, but if I have to pick, I prefer Tamiya's buggy designs. Then why I bought this? Well, price, it was a bargain, and  the "something different for a change" I mentioned above. I was really close to buying a Neo Fighter and saw this one popped up for the same money. It was a case of "something cheap, anything will do" to cure a case of itchy hands. 😂

Shape of the body.    Cockpit is too long and looks like you can fit 4 people in tandem like a bobsled 🤣

2 hours ago, Frankster said:

Shape of the body.    Cockpit is too long and looks like you can fit 4 people in tandem like a bobsled 🤣

Hmmm... Maybe it is supposed to be a family buggy.

I am intending to put in a driver figure but you gave me an idea. Maybe I can put in a co-pilot, co-driver I mean! 

3 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Hmmm... Maybe it is supposed to be a family buggy.

I am intending to put in a driver figure but you gave me an idea. Maybe I can put in a co-pilot, co-driver I mean! 

Top Gun style!

The body fits like a glove, perhaps this is how racing buggies' bodies go on? I am used to the typical "pop on" to the body posts type of fitting bodies so am concerned about paint rubbing off. 

euFoXIC.jpeg

A fellow member suggested metal tape to protect the holes where there will be most rubbing. 

rLCMSVp.jpeg

A mixture of duct tape and metal tape to protect the wear points. 

aROMJdO.jpeg

cbnCwQS.jpg

The metallic black actually turns out quite well on this picture. 

qPmSDyu.jpeg

I am surprised by how heavy its "all up" weight is. This maybe the heaviest car I have. This explains why the brand new box was so heavy, it is a heavy car. I just received a Frog kit today and it's box weigh is only 2kg.

• Like 2

Replaced the fixed steering arms and upper front swing arm with Aliexpress turnbuckles. 

3tBpHsJ.jpg

Also replaced the plastic balls (not sure what they are called) in the shocks with metal ones. 

3Y3hIQb.jpg

Also blinged it up with Aliexpress lights. 

bqjvRLg.jpg

• Like 5

I know this is several months old; how is the driving?  Also, I think we need some dawn/dusk shots with those lights on. looks cool! :D   Did you put a co-pilot in?

50 minutes ago, SlideWRX said:

I know this is several months old; how is the driving?  Also, I think we need some dawn/dusk shots with those lights on. looks cool! :D   Did you put a co-pilot in?

It runs great, very stable and sharp control, except on snow, but that's to be expected I guess.

Will get some evening shots in when I have the chance (yellow weather warning coming in at the moment).

Not enough space to put a co-pilot in. The driver's head is hitting the roof as it is now.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 1:52 AM, alvinlwh said:

Before getting into the build, one thing that I want to point out is they're 

h5kdjXn.jpeg

Just like Tamiya and wolfdogstinkus's,full size screw drawings. I have to say, the drawings matches the real thing better than Tamiya's. But not as well as wolfdogstinkus's "best ever build manual" lol fixed that for you.

Don't know why there is a picture of scones. Lol

57 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Don't know why there is a picture of scones

Lunchbox? 😁