Saito2

Special thanks to my wife...

I've been fiddling with my Super Champ re-re (sorry. I hate the name "Fighting Buggy", lol) lately and had it out for a quick test run in the back yard tonight. I hadn't gotten around to re-threadlocking everything with blue Loctite yet and I payed for it. The Tamiya red gel threadlocker failed again with a bit more spectacular results than last time (which consisted of a Bruiser rear driveshaft sliding off). The old SC was coming in hot to a turn when, simultaneously, the right rear axle exited the buggy and rolled away with the tire bouncing merrily along, as well as the left front suspension collapsing. The upper front arm had slid off its pin and the front spring went for a vacation. My bifocaled, bespectacled eyes were worthless as ever but my dear wife has an uncanny knack for locating things such as this. After combing through the grass for 20-25 minutes...ta-da!

Super Champ save

Here, her lovely hand holds the prize! As ever, I am greatly indebted to her special skills of locating wayward parts. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

That's impressive! Reminds me of when I would walk the track searching for a black dogbone over black asphalt, to the exasperation of the other drivers 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Awesome, glad she found it!  So frustrating losing parts in the grass.  You know they're there just can't quite find them, its the worst.  Funny you posted this today, had my Mad Force out in the yard and it launched the front driveshaft (again) and took me a good 20-30 minutes to find it.  

• Like 1

If Mrs Saito is like Mrs Super Champ she’ll also help you find your specs ?

Especially when it turns out they’re on your head … 

Top story sir 👍

• Like 1