Sign in to follow this  
qatmix

Vintage Holiday Buggy Help / restoration and upgrade thread

Hi All

A friend recently gave me a very battered Original vintage holiday buggy. It is in a sorry state. I already have one which is on my shelf (My original one, gently restored), So this is going to be a fun runner in the garden.. and maybe I might even enter in in revival for a laugh next year. 

With that in mind, I have a few questions.

• Is there a lexan HB shell? I am sure Parma or someone used to make something back in the day, I do have a very battered shell with this car, but would like to maybe run a lexan shell. 
  • Are the screws M4?
  • Is there any way I can add oil shocks to the front?
  • Is there a diff solution? Would a SRB diff work in this? 
  • Is there a gear cover other than the team Bluegroove one from canada? 

I will post pics soon.. It's currently being washed.. (The amount of dirt in it was grim). 

Thanks Again

Not that helpful I know, but none of the goto guys for custom bodies do a holiday buggy repro (Kamtec/Penguin/ReviveRC/LandL) - which makes me think there's never been one produced. Revive or Penguin might be able to do it at your request - but I've no idea what it would cost.

The original boday is available - so you might need to grab one and break out the TS paints!

• Like 1

Mantua copied the Holiday Buggy body for their Nevada Cross back in the eighties and repros of this body can be found and are sold as "1/10 scale" by some sources. It's however 1/8 scale and doesn't fit the DPB chassis at all. Not much of a help, I know, but knowing it just might help you avoid buying a body that can't be used.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I have managed to clean up the shell that came with this (Well I have stripped the three layers of paint off the shell). 

I am going to paint it.. I know it's difficult, but I remember back in the day using a primer that was used on car bumpers and then spraying it with Tamiya paints.. although that would have been over 30 years ago :)

I have also repaired the chassis with two excellent 3D printed shock towers. These are nice and beefy and much stronger than a small bodge / fix. 

I am keen to try to fit a diff in there, I assume a SRB diff will not work? 

IMG_9089.jpg

IMG_9090.jpg

• Like 1