Sign in to follow this  
foz75

Chassis for 200mm shell?

I have an XV-01 waiting to be built, and a 200mm wide shell for it. I will play around with wheel offsets and hex extenders, but it got me me wondering, what chassis are available in 200mm width as standard? Preferably something suitable for rally or at least light off road

200mm is more common in 1/10th nitro touring - or at least it was but that class has died a bit of a death.

HPI and Kyosho (with the Fazer (sp?)) provide kits that are 200mm out of the box though IIRC.

The Kyosho Fazer includes wheel hexes for either 190mm or 200mm width. It's not super high spec (think TT02 with a few hopups), but it's well made and a good performer.

14 hours ago, sosidge said:

That's just a TL-01 with buggy wheels, wouldn't be suitable for a 200mm touring body.

If I am not mistaken, the RA and LA versions had 5mm longer suspension arms than the street car kits.

Regardless, Serpent made a 200mm car a few years ago.

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/serpent-natrix-748-e-200mm-electric-touring-car/

There was also a China knockoff about 15 years back in 200mm. Embarrassingly,  I have one with a HPI ‘69 Camaro body sitting on display complete with AM radio and Novak Rooster ESC.

9 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

If I am not mistaken, the RA and LA versions had 5mm longer suspension arms than the street car kits.

Regardless, Serpent made a 200mm car a few years ago.

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/serpent-natrix-748-e-200mm-electric-touring-car/

There was also a China knockoff about 15 years back in 200mm. Embarrassingly,  I have one with a HPI ‘69 Camaro body sitting on display complete with AM radio and Novak Rooster ESC.

The LA had longer arms but also different hubs which meant the overall car width was the same.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info! My knowledge extends very little further than tamiya so I was just wondering what kits 200mm shells were designed for. I'm not looking for another chassis (yet, and if I did it would have to be a kit build, that's all the fun!), The XV-01 will be the most modern chassis I have ever built or run, I just fancied something different for the shell, and it was only available in 200mm so I will adapt the chassis/ wheels to fit