Sign in to follow this  
smartmike

Baja Collection

The past two weekends I picked up the Monster Beetle kit 2015 which was the first RC car I had a child. The Sand Scorcher, Blitzer Beetle to round out the collect. Now I need to build them. I ordered Fast Eddy Bearing kits for them and also got he Sport Tuned motors for them also. Is there anything I am missing for Hop up parts for them? I dont think I will need the ball diff since they are mostly shelf art. 

• Like 2

Welcome! The Monster Beetle was the vehicle that got me hooked on Tamiya. As far as additional hop-ups, it depends on just how much/hard you want to run them and how far down the rabbit hole of modifications you want to go. A steel pinion for the Blitzer wouldn't be a bad idea but otherwise, its a fairly tough design. It sounds like you're familiar with the diff issues on the Monster Beetle but there are several fixes (some 3D printed) that support the stock diff and are cheaper than the full MIP ball diff treatment. I find the Sand Scorcher's chassis plate a bit too flexible myself, Which can put strain on the body and radio box if the buggy is driven with aggression. Numerous aftermarket chassis plates or simply doubling up with two stock plates can alleviate some of that flex but again, it depends on how you run them. There are tons of mods which can lead to quite the slippery slope. Good luck and have fun!