GeeWings

My first year at TC

I just noticed that I’ve been a member of Tamiya Club for a year this weekend. I joined because I had an itch to get an RC having not had one for over 30 years!

So, I posted some questions and a few days later had spent a small fortune on a NIB Egress ReRe just in time for Father’s Day and birthday present all in one.

Of course, as we all know too well, one car wasn’t enough! A couple of weeks later I purchased a Land Cruiser GF01 which led me to the world of hop-ups and blue bling! Then came some custom projects and plenty of impulse purchases!

12 months, 1400+ posts and a few thousand dollars later I’ve got a burgeoning collection.

Anyway, a huge thanks to everyone that’s provided guidance, advice, inspiration and most of all good laughs along the way. It’s been a tough 12 months but this hobby and this forum have provided some much needed distraction.

Here’s the first few ‘complete’ builds but there are a fair few others half made!

Egress

52025078323_1b0e5cac62_b.jpg

Jimny

Army-200

JumboVan

52239791293_b401d72fd8_b.jpg

• Like 18

18 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

I just noticed that I’ve been a member of Tamiya Club for a year this weekend. I joined because I had an itch to get an RC having not had one for over 30 years!

So, I posted some questions and a few days later had spent a small fortune on a NIB Egress ReRe just in time for Father’s Day and birthday present all in one.

Of course, as we all know too well, one car wasn’t enough! A couple of weeks later I purchased a Land Cruiser GF01 which led me to the world of hop-ups and blue bling! Then came some custom projects and plenty of impulse purchases!

12 months, 1400+ posts and a few thousand dollars later I’ve got a burgeoning collection.

Anyway, a huge thanks to everyone that’s provided guidance, advice, inspiration and most of all good laughs along the way. It’s been a tough 12 months but this hobby and this forum have provided some much needed distraction.

Here’s the first few ‘complete’ builds but there are a fair few others half made!

Egress

52025078323_1b0e5cac62_b.jpg

Jimny

Army-200

JumboVan

52239791293_b401d72fd8_b.jpg

Happy Anniversary!!! It’s been a pleasure reading your contributions to the forum along with some different builds. Plenty of out of the box thinking. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a post @GeeWings mate, great stuff!!🙌

You must have joined a few weeks before I did last year and my Tamiya RC hobby shares many similarities to yours it would seem:ph34r::lol:

Agree with the above, the builds have been exceptional and you and many others make this forum a great place to be part of mate👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Happy Anniversary!!! It’s been a pleasure reading your contributions to the forum along with some different builds. Plenty of out of the box thinking. Keep up the good work.

2 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Love the builds! Happy anniversary to you here in TC. :)

Thanks both, the feeling is mutual! Here’s to the next 12 months. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kol__ said:

What a post @GeeWings mate, great stuff!!🙌

You must have joined a few weeks before I did last year and my Tamiya RC hobby shares many similarities to yours it would seem:ph34r::lol:

Agree with the above, the builds have been exceptional and you and many others make this forum a great place to be part of mate👍

Thanks mate, been a busy 12 months that’s for sure. Really looking forward to seeing your 12 month collection!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Happy anniversary!  I love your Toy RC mods.  Brilliant work!

Thanks frog! I have to say thanks to @Nikko85 especially for his inspiration in that department!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Thanks frog! I have to say thanks to @Nikko85 especially for his inspiration in that department!

Thanks!

Looking back a 1/10 collection would have been far easier, with many more options, but keeping everything at 1:15 (or so) has been a fun challenge. 

• Like 1

Happy Anniversary @GeeWings and it's a real pleasure to see your work.

That Egress you've made? Hands down, my all-time favourite for sure!

Cheers to many more of these years 🍻🍹

• Thanks 1

Congrats on the anniversary mate! Always a please to read your posts.

Hope to see much more content from you for many more years to come. 🙂

Stick around long enough and you'll probably get some furniture named after you. 😄

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Happy TC Birthday!

Please keep adding to your lovely fleet!

Thanks. I'm sure I will! 

8 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

Thanks!

Looking back a 1/10 collection would have been far easier, with many more options, but keeping everything at 1:15 (or so) has been a fun challenge. 

Easier probably but not as fun I'm sure!

8 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Happy Anniversary @GeeWings and it's a real pleasure to see your work.

That Egress you've made? Hands down, my all-time favourite for sure!

Cheers to many more of these years 🍻🍹

Thanks! The feeling is mutual. 

And thanks again for the kind words about my Egress. Too kind!

4 hours ago, svenb said:

your not finished yet 😜

Nope!

2 hours ago, berman said:

Congrats on the anniversary mate! Always a please to read your posts.

Hope to see much more content from you for many more years to come. 🙂

Stick around long enough and you'll probably get some furniture named after you. 😄

Thanks @berman to you. You were one of the first I think to provide guidance and advice as I stepped back in to the hobby.

I look forward to the GeeWing lounge chair ;)

• Thanks 1