Knighte

Avante Black Special 2022 re re

I missed out on the previous re res of the Avante Black and so was super excited when it was announced there would be another release for 2022.  Living in Australia, I found two local but on-line hobby stores that allowed pre-orders and also an email subscription list to notify when the stock is available.  Just checking the websites for each hobby shop this week, they now list the Avante as not available or sold out, and I never received an email confirming stock was available.

Has anyone else tried to get a 2022 re re Avante Black?  DId you succeed?  Biggest question… did anyone in Australia manage to get one?

• Like 1

I don't think any made it to NZ either. If you really want one both RCMart and RCJaz are showing stock. With shipping it will probably still be a bit cheaper too.

7 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I don't think any made it to NZ either. If you really want one both RCMart and RCJaz are showing stock. With shipping it will probably still be a bit cheaper too.

Yeah that was going to be my backup plan.  Luckily I am currently in Thailand and discovered that Tamiya stores here have them in stock.  They had other stuff in stock too that are really hard to get in Australia.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jdh6fan said:

Tower is showing they are due in November.

Yeah, unfortunately Tower is always too optimistic with their availability dates. I guess I've missed the pre-order period, if there ever was one? No indication of when one could pre-order the black Egress either. I wish Tower could do a better job communicating.

On 8/16/2022 at 1:47 PM, Knighte said:

Living in Australia, I found two local but on-line hobby stores that allowed pre-orders and also an email subscription list to notify when the stock is available.  Just checking the websites for each hobby shop this week, they now list the Avante as not available or sold out, and I never received an email confirming stock was available.

Avante Blacks got delivered to oz LHSes last week... but barely any LHS got more than one each. 

Whole swagload of Blockhead WildOnes also magically appeared without announcement. 

18 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Avante Blacks got delivered to oz LHSes last week... but barely any LHS got more than one each. 

Whole swagload of Blockhead WildOnes also magically appeared without announcement. 

Ah… so a case of very low stock making it to Oz.

Interestingly, I have now found 2 different hobby shops in BKK with stock.  HK online stores seem to have it too.  Guess Asia gets priority :)

Avante Blacks have landed in Canada!  Just got a call from the LHS that their warehouse received them.  :)

On 8/17/2022 at 9:00 AM, d4dawg said:

Yeah, unfortunately Tower is always too optimistic with their availability dates. I guess I've missed the pre-order period, if there ever was one? No indication of when one could pre-order the black Egress either. I wish Tower could do a better job communicating.

When I saw them making the rounds on european instagram accounts I just ordered it from eurorc and it was at my door in a few days. I'll probably do the same thing for the black egress. The shipping seemed like a kick in the pants but the total was still quite a bit less than what Tower has it listed for before tax.

1 hour ago, khj626 said:

When I saw them making the rounds on european instagram accounts I just ordered it from eurorc and it was at my door in a few days. I'll probably do the same thing for the black egress. The shipping seemed like a kick in the pants but the total was still quite a bit less than what Tower has it listed for before tax.

It seems like the days of cheap cost of postage if you buy something over a certain amount are surly over! 

Looks like HubHobby got inventory of the black Avante if anyone's interested in the USA.   GL with your purchase!  :D 

I am going to pass on this one and do the black Egress later on.

Live and available in Canada.  Mine should be here on Thursday!  :D

• Like 1

Tower will be shipping these starting today if you pre/back--ordered (cards are being charged as of this morning).

I can honestly say that Tower has always done me right.  There has been a couple of times that the system shorted me points on a purchase but live chat always has taken care of it.  Only negative I've noticed is that it use to be 200 points for a 5 dollar reward but now it is 250.  I always check them first when looking for a kit.  I haven't seen a Tamiya kit for sale in my area since the mid to late 90s so having Tower is really nice.

3 minutes ago, jdh6fan said:

I can honestly say that Tower has always done me right.  There has been a couple of times that the system shorted me points on a purchase but live chat always has taken care of it.  Only negative I've noticed is that it use to be 200 points for a 5 dollar reward but now it is 250.  I always check them first when looking for a kit.  I haven't seen a Tamiya kit for sale in my area since the mid to late 90s so having Tower is really nice.

Same goes for me.......well, I do have Hub Hobby local too, so, I divvy up the purchases also.

Oh totally agree. Tower's prices are usually the best after you factor in discount coupons. Reward points are a nice bonus as well. Customer service takes care of any issues. They even acknowledged a mistake with birthday reward points and sent me a $10 gift certification to use recently. My only gripe is with their kit availability date which always seem a little optimistic. So it's kind of a nice surprise whenever I receive an unexpected shipment notification, like this time. Not so much on the credit card charge though, LoL!

• Haha 1

I wonder if it's a Tower issue or just an issue of how many of certain kits make it to the USA.  It seems like Asia and Europe always seem to have kits but the distributors here are out of stock.  Maybe less kits make it here then they get spread out pretty thin between the distributors here?  But yes it's a pretty good feeling when you realize that your getting one you've been wanting.  

Looks like there was plenty, Tower is now showing them as in stock.  So they are available if anyone needs one.

Is everyone driving these or for shelf queens?  How is it to get parts?  I’d be in the driving it camp.  $560 is a bit pricey though.

for reference, I’m bashing the Top Force Evo.  How is it over that?

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 4:15 PM, DTSCB said:

Is everyone driving these or for shelf queens?  How is it to get parts?  I’d be in the driving it camp.  $560 is a bit pricey though.

for reference, I’m bashing the Top Force Evo.  How is it over that?

I've done a bit of both I used my first one then sold it and the moment I handed it over to the post office to be delivered to its next custodian I regretted selling it (I did get quite a good price for it but money isn't everything sometimes:unsure:) so I bought another one and that's stayed on display!,  I've never had to buy any parts other than a set of cam locks and that was no problem so I can't really comment on that bit? 

IMO the topforce evo is much better handling and overall better bashing machine it was way ahead of it's time when it was originally released but like I say that's just my personal opinion but the avante in original and black is all over the most stunning looking rc tamiya have ever produced!

20190804_120537.jpg

20210418_095015.jpg

20210527_111118.jpg

• Like 3

I too feel Avante is great for display and very mild driving.. TFEvo for display and driving, TT02B for bashing around the house.  

• Like 1