Kai City RC

You can only keep one...

If you could only keep one RC. Everything else had to go. Everything! 😱

Gone for good. 

What would you choose and why?

Just curious!

Me? I thought about it. As I like to run my RC's, so it would have to be something I can get parts for. Something fun, something that I could run just about anywhere. Hmm. 🤔 I'd keep my Terra Scorcher. One of my first RC's as a kid. But what would you keep?

• Like 2

Either my xv01 or Traxxas udr, but I havnt built my xv02 yet… 

I don’t think i need to explain why really, but it’s down to how they drive. 

Easy. Home made skidder:
SAM_2055.jpg

I built it myself and it's very robust.

From Tamiya, it would be my re-re hotshot. Just because I had an original one in the 80s which I regretted getting rid of, so promised myself I'd never move on the re-re.

• Like 11

For me, will actually not be a Tamiya but a 3Racing M4. 

If it must be a Tamiya, probably my Thunder Dragon. 

My Bigwig re:re. It was the first one I bought when I got back into this hobby, bought for all the right / cosy / nostalgic reasons, is the most fun to drive and it looks amazing 

Sure, there are other buggies that are superior for all sorts of reasons, but the Bigwig is the one for me 

spacer.png

• Like 10

I would keep my original 1984 Grasshopper. ( my first, my last, my everything... 😃

I don't think I have to explain really but it's the only one I kept last time when I sold everything else. Only regret was for my mid turbo but that's solved now with the re-re and for as long as this question remains hypothetical 😁

20220818_205600.jpg

20220818_205828.jpg

• Like 7

Definitely a rally car as you can have fun both off-road and (decently enough) on-road. Plus you can put on drift tires for some good old fashioned AWD drifting action if you feel like it!

• Like 3

It doesn't matter which I picked, my son would have the final decision.

Which means we'd keep a Dual Hunter or the monsterized CR-01.

But he dislikes change and letting toys go so it ain't happening :D

• Like 2

Modified GF01 to take a truck body to make a monster truck. 

NJ7Cptw.jpeg

It's pretty much the perfect truck for me.

• Like 4

Easy my original Blackfoot

608379850_WP_20170904_14_27_34_Pro(Medium).thumb.jpg.32da05ad2d4c352377810db1bea832db.jpg

Got it For Christmas Circa 1985

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Pumesta said:

Easy my original Blackfoot

WP_20170904_14_27_34_Pro.jpg.c22d4ca7c8556f99cac4594eb0aae960.jpg

Got it For Christmas Circa 1985

That's as old as me....and showing less mileage...

• Haha 1

We have a long history, doubt I could ever get rid of this one no matter what else happens.

frog_sept2021.jpg.cc5c32be67b747464c6b6298488e06bb.jpg

• Like 8

I guess my ReRe Grasshopper or my Novafox, I'm undecided.

Both cars are only ReRe's but they are wonderful memories of my childhood.

DSC_0961_01.jpg

DSC_1425_01.jpg

• Like 3

That would be like choosing your favourite child. I’ve only got 2 of the so it would be 50:50 but with 25+ models no chance!!!

EDIT: probably my Losi Baja Raptor. It’s just so awesome 😎 

Edited by Busdriver
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

If from Tamiya, M38..? :ph34r:  

.. but which one.. 

IMG_2022-8-15-074511.jpg.898bc70d11c8ffef6c8f3df35bc8ca2d.jpg

I'd go for the green one!

• Haha 5

Oh this is an interesting thread;) for me is it tamiya or kyosho????? Unfortunately for me none:unsure: it has to be my schumacher cat xls it was a nightmare to build I ended up in A&E for stitches in my hand because of it but I built it when I was looking after my mum at the end of her life I used to take it to her care home and when she was conscious  I could see her watching me build it when I had down time from her care! so it has 100% sentimental value which no amount of money can replace it!!  (I must say though I didn't spray it in the care home:lol: that wouldn't have gone down very well with the residents)

20190105_135330.jpg

• Like 11

What a lovely back story @moffman

For me it would be the Boomerang I had as a kid. Except my folks chucked it out and a replacement wouldn't be the same. 

So, I would go for the first car I actually purchased and built myself when I returned to the hobby last year. The Egress in Cat's clothing ;) Let's just hope I don't need spares...

Egress

• Like 6

This topic comes up every once in awhile over the years. For me the Egress was the ultimate Tamiya unicorn that I had no hope in owning as a kid. The Wild Willy was a discontinued model that I hunted relentlessly but didn't achieve until the advent of ebay. Normally of my collection, the answer would be my Lunch Box as it was my very first Tamiya RC kit. Here it is, freshly built, BITD:

20210924_185620 (2)

and here it is today, still holding together:

20210924_185850 (2)

Devoid of all the emotional attachment, one of my favorites today would be the one that got me hooked, the Monster Beetle:

MB8

I don't what it was, but the sight of that showing up at a LHS back in '86 hooked me very hard, from its unique looks to the way the name rolled off my tongue. It altered my life.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

What a lovely back story @moffman

For me it would be the Boomerang I had as a kid. Except my folks chucked it out and a replacement wouldn't be the same. 

So, I would go for the first car I actually purchased and built myself when I returned to the hobby last year. The Egress in Cat's clothing ;) Let's just hope I don't need spares...

Egress

I've seen and totally admired that egress! In photos on the internet:wub: so now I know who it belongs to;)  what a seriously stunning looking buggy!

Same here with my xls if I had to be replaced the replacement wouldn't have any sentimental value it's that actual buggy and nothing else!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kai City RC said:

If you could only keep one RC. Everything else had to go. Everything! 😱

Gone for good. 

What would you choose and why?

Just curious!

Me? I thought about it. As I like to run my RC's, so it would have to be something I can get parts for. Something fun, something that I could run just about anywhere. Hmm. 🤔 I'd keep my Terra Scorcher. One of my first RC's as a kid. But what would you keep?

Good Topic! My Astute, I cut grass for a summer to purchase it. Didn’t even get close to achieving the ~$280 I needed for the combo kit that included a futaba magnum , one battery, and trickle charger. My Dad and Grandfather chipped in the rest. 

Great times! 

• Like 2

What a difficult question!

I'd have to pick an off-road car as there's way more places to run them.

Head would say Xray XB4 2020

Heart would say TRF201XR

If the world was entirely surfaced with smooth clean carpet then:

Head would say M07R

Heart would say TA05v2

• Haha 1