Mr.Dose

DB01 Durga with hopups

It was a buggy I wanted to build for a long time , I had to collect a brand new kit and had to found available hopups before starting the build.

unfortunatly I did not find all the parts I wanted but couldn’t resist to start the build , the hunt is not over 😂

B98E74FD-9072-428E-82B1-C5D7A4529F86.jpeg

• Like 5

Then the start 😁

good surprise the chassis is carbon reinforced from stock kit. No need to upgrade for me.

3F9A7AA5-72AB-41EF-8060-3EE5319B72F5.jpeg

• Like 3

The other side. Steering upgrade not really needed because the stock ones are alloy to , but not blue 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

BAE9D67D-0A6F-46DE-84DF-40DB2BEF016E.jpeg

• Haha 1

Nice build @Mr.Dose! Have you been reading my mind and monitoring my postal deliveries?:ph34r: I've got a very similar build in the works:lol:

Like me, have you had trouble sourcing the springs for the big bore shocks? I think Tamiya stock is due in to suppliers again soon.

6 hours ago, Mr.Dose said:

good surprise the chassis is carbon reinforced from stock kit. No need to upgrade for me.

Is it really carbon reinforced? It looks like a GF reinforced part from this picture (the arrow is not pointed to the "CF" symbol)

IMG_20220821_172516.jpg.8ee050b599d3698d1e306659f5c7e433.jpg

Anyway, it's going to be interesting build :) I miss days when Tamiya sold low cost variants of their TRF chassis

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Nice build @Mr.Dose! Have you been reading my mind and monitoring my postal deliveries?:ph34r: I've got a very similar build in the works:lol:

Like me, have you had trouble sourcing the springs for the big bore shocks? I think Tamiya stock is due in to suppliers again soon.

Yes I’m also looking for big bores springs 😂

3 hours ago, Honza said:

Is it really carbon reinforced? It looks like a GF reinforced part from this picture (the arrow is not pointed to the "CF" symbol)

IMG_20220821_172516.jpg.8ee050b599d3698d1e306659f5c7e433.jpg

Anyway, it's going to be interesting build :) I miss days when Tamiya sold low cost variants of their TRF chassis

It definitely has fibers mixed in the plastic, and it has a grey color other plastic included in this kit don’t have. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Seems quite rigid too so I think it’s ok.

Preparing to fit gear diffs , seems to be the same as I fitted to my ta05 😁

03993C63-8259-4EE9-A3ED-1CFB64D6AD52.jpeg

15 hours ago, Mr.Dose said:

It definitely has fibers mixed in the plastic, and it has a grey color other plastic included in this kit don’t have. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Seems quite rigid too so I think it’s ok.

Yep, Tamiya did great job on this generation of chassis (including TA05 and TB03), with different mixtures of plastic depending on the application.

Some details as the front TRF double cardan and rcjaz caster block 

7CB0DA3C-F63D-4F45-8605-8A6ED3ED5914.jpeg

• Like 3

Cool build! It's interesting that your kit came with a lipo chassis that isn't cut for the heatsink plate. My Durga came with the NiMh cutout chassis that's solid under the motor. It took forever to find the RRR chassis.

Which hop-ups are you still looking for?

On 8/25/2022 at 3:08 AM, Big Jon said:

Cool build! It's interesting that your kit came with a lipo chassis that isn't cut for the heatsink plate. My Durga came with the NiMh cutout chassis that's solid under the motor. It took forever to find the RRR chassis.

Which hop-ups are you still looking for?

It looks like the actual kit has this slick looking glass fiber reinforced chassis .

i’ve just ordered a slipper clutch as I plan to use it with a low turn motor 

• Like 1