Kevin_Mc

Has anyone bought from racingtama.com?

As title really, I have my eye on a kit thats available from here but I don't recognise the name. The website looks well set up and they seem to have decent stock of Tamiyas and other brands.

I know they're based in Jakarta but I think it's worth the risk using PayPal linked to my Credit Card. Has anyone dealt with them and had an order arrive in the UK?

It doesn't look like their stock/website has been updated for some time;

Tamiya: Although they list a lot, nothing 'new' is on there and a fair few older releases (Loads of CC-01 but no CC-02)
https://www.racingtama.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=tamiya&category_id=0&limit=100

GMade is missing all the recent releases (at least 2 waves of new chassis)

Axial: Again, really old range, Yeti 1/10 for one - that's been out of production for a while.

I reckon they stopped bothering at least 2 years ago

• Thanks 1

Highly likely this is a scam site. Here's what I wrote about them on reddit a couple of months ago:

• They claim to be in Jakarta, but the domain is registered in Singapore, and the address found in the whois information is that of a shopping mall. The Name of the shopping mall is identical with the surname of the domain registrar.
  • If you view street view the address in Jakarta they claim to be at, you see no evidence of a business. No store, nor a warehouse (considering how much they have on offer they would need a quite large one)
  • If you google for their support phone number you will find out that the site was called "Sepratama" instead of "Racingtama" just last year. Same layout, same site, different name.
  • If you then google for reviews for "Sepratama" you will find stories of people getting scammed and reporting it on sites like trustpilot
  • They have too much inventory of discontinued products for ridiculously low prices as everyone here mentioned.

• Thanks 2

Aw man, the Kyosho Lost Surfer was calling my name! Oh well, ty for this post!

I guess he is still....lost!

Screenshot_20231201_115833_Chrome.jpg