foz75

Futaba R202gf receiver substitute?

Before I splash out on another Futaba R202gf receiver for my T2HR (I can buy a whole new basic TX/RX combo for the same price!), are there any cheaper alternatives that are compatible? thanks!

Yep, I have a few compatible rxs for Futaba (sanwa too). I have just bought from Banggood or Aliexpress and generally bought 1 to try then more if they work.

@rwordenjr found some much cheaper than I did which worked too, I think from aliexpress but hopefully he'll check in and let you know the brand

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 12:17 PM, rwordenjr said:

This is the one you need from Ali express. About $18 

Would it be 4PK compatible?  My 4PK says FAST, but this is FHSS..

3 minutes ago, clobbo said:

Would it be 4PK compatible?  My 4PK says FAST, but this is FHSS..

No, you need c4fv-hv. 

5D70BBB4-7DFD-43E6-9771-0A20CF5B3F47.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

No, you need c4fv-hv. 

Thanks! For some reason c4fv-hv isn't coming up in my Canadian aliexpress page.. :(

2 hours ago, clobbo said:

Thanks! For some reason c4fv-hv isn't coming up in my Canadian aliexpress page.. :(

Sorry I made A typo. It’s c4fa-hv

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh man, am I ever glad I stumbled across this thread!!!

I've got an old Futaba 4PK that LOVE... and while I KNOW I should upgrade it (and it is well overdue...), I can't quite bring myself to cough up the cash for a 10PX (or 7PXR).  If I was smart, I'd just get a 4PM like my wife... but it (completely irrationally) just seems like such a big downgrade.  But I digress... While I love the 4PK, finding FASST receivers is quickly becoming harder and harder, and more and more expensive.  It's hard to justify $165 (cad) on a R614FS, when it might be going into a $180 kit.  I'm fine with spending "futaba money" for an Rx in a nice kit, but for most casual Tamiya stuff, it seems overkill.  I bought a bunch of the Orange branded Rx's from hobbyking years ago, and had great luck with them, in this sort of application.  But they've been unavailable for some time, and until today, I hadn't seen another reasonably priced FASST option.

That Corona C4FA looks like it could be the ticket though.  Thanks @rwordenjr!

• Like 2

Well, I ordered up a couple of those Corona C4FA-HV RX's, and it looks like it may have been a waste of $$$.  :(  I can get the RX to bind with my 4PK (C1 setting), but then nothing really happens.  First steering input will cause the servo to rotate fully, then just lock up.  Both of the RX's I picked up do the same thing.  Anyone have any experience with this, or any thoughts on a fix?

• Sad 1

On 1/6/2023 at 9:45 PM, bRIBEGuy said:

Well, I ordered up a couple of those Corona C4FA-HV RX's, and it looks like it may have been a waste of $$$.  :( I can get the RX to bind with my 4PK (C1 setting), but then nothing really happens.  First steering input will cause the servo to rotate fully, then just lock up.  Both of the RX's I picked up do the same thing.  Anyone have any experience with this, or any thoughts on a fix?

This is what I was afraid of and sluggish response.   I think it might be time to just jump ship and get the 7PXR..B)  thing works perfectly with my old Futaba FAAST receivers with fast response as it did running 4PKS-R.   

On 1/7/2023 at 2:45 PM, bRIBEGuy said:

Well, I ordered up a couple of those Corona C4FA-HV RX's, and it looks like it may have been a waste of $$$.  :( I can get the RX to bind with my 4PK (C1 setting), but then nothing really happens.  First steering input will cause the servo to rotate fully, then just lock up.  Both of the RX's I picked up do the same thing.  Anyone have any experience with this, or any thoughts on a fix?

No experience but it seemed to "just work" in this video: https://youtu.be/n1Ly_H-HsrU

3 hours ago, droidy said:

No experience but it seemed to "just work" in this video: https://youtu.be/n1Ly_H-HsrU

Ya, the internet is full of video's of things that "just work"...  Too bad it doesn't always reflect reality.

I miss the old FrSky and Orange FASST Rx's... dirt cheap and worked great.

13 hours ago, Willy iine said:

This is what I was afraid of and sluggish response.   I think it might be time to just jump ship and get the 7PXR..B)  thing works perfectly with my old Futaba FAAST receivers with fast response as it did running 4PKS-R.   

Yup, I think you're right @Willy iine.  It kinda kills me to have to buy an "older" radio when the new 10PX just came out, but since the 10PX won't do FASST, what can you do?  I just need to do an audit of the current Rx's I have and make sure the 7PXR makes sense.  Since it will only do FASST C2, I just need to verify that I'm not running a stack of C1 stuff before I shell out (arguably way too much...) for a new TX.

• Like 1