Haven't posted in a bit, but been racing a lot this summer.  It's really been growing in this area and there are now 3 clubs within an hour or so doing races regularly.  Some indoor carpet, some outdoor dirt, and some outdoor grass it's been a lot of fun.  If anyone is in the area and wants to join just let me know and I can send details (PA/NJ/DE).   

Last weekend there was an outdoor grass race and luckily there was a proper photographer and he got some great shots.  Selfishly these are all my trucks in the photos, but wanted to share with everyone.  The first few I took, my 2 retro trucks, my 2 SMT class trucks, and my 2 LMT class trucks (all clubs break out classes differently and this was a bit unusual but turned out to be good fun racing).  Took first in Retro with the USA-1 Regulator, first in SMT with the Warpath Bigfoot, and first in LMT with the PA Mountain Monster.  I really love the LMTs for the outdoor racing since the extra weight helps a lot with stability.  The lighter carbon trucks (like my Warpath) excel indoor or carpet or fine outdoor clay, and struggle a bit on less than perfect surfaces. 

Hope you guys enjoy the pics, there are some good ones.  

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

• Like 6

Some good stuff right there!

I'd love to have local MT racing scene like that.  Probably best that I don't as it would just make me build more MT's!  :lol:

Nice hearing your thoughts on the LMT vs other trucks.  It really does seem like they are going to be the dominant platform moving forward (at least in outdoor and freestyle).  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Some good stuff right there!

I'd love to have local MT racing scene like that.  Probably best that I don't as it would just make me build more MT's!  :lol:

Nice hearing your thoughts on the LMT vs other trucks.  It really does seem like they are going to be the dominant platform moving forward (at least in outdoor and freestyle).  

Thanks!  Yea, its a blast.  I've never had so much fun with RC.  I always liked the monsters and had a few, but since the racing has picked up around here in the past year or two I've built so many I've lost count.  It's nice to be able to build something and then actually see it work.  I'm constantly making changes and love messing with them.  A lot is due to driving, but truck setup is also key.  Most people just put expensive parts on with big power and exepct it to work.  My trucks are mostly underpowered compared to the rest of the field and I run them all on 2s.  A lot of guys run 3-4s in pro mod but it doesnt make a difference on tighter tracks, they jsut end up over-driving the truck.

The LMT is fantastic with a few minor changes, I just love them.  Outdoors they are the king. On tight indoor tracks the carbon chassis AR60 trucks are still best, but its very close.  If I could only have one it would definitely be the LMT.  

• Like 3

Awesome stuff! I wish there was some proper MT racing here. I keep seeing locations that would be great for those flat mirror tracks but nobody around here is interested (unless maybe they can run an Emaxx or a Monster Beetle)

Keep up the race reports:) 

56 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

Awesome stuff! I wish there was some proper MT racing here. I keep seeing locations that would be great for those flat mirror tracks but nobody around here is interested (unless maybe they can run an Emaxx or a Monster Beetle)

Keep up the race reports:) 

Yea, even here its a pretty niche thing.  I used to travel pretty far just to get to a couple events per year, but its really been taking off here lately which is great.  We do run all sorts of other stuff as well.  There's a Lunchbox/Pumpkin class, 2wd 12t brushed which I love, and then the bigger truck classes (Maxx, x-Maxx, 1.5 Trophy, etc.)  so there's something for everyone.  Obviously I'm mostly into the solid axle racing, but I do enjoy the 2wd stuff as well.  

• Like 1