hastighet

Getting back in, question for the trust 911 GT1 original

I came across an original TA03R-S 911 GT1 and snapped it up to have some fun but now I'm having second thoughts. This is an original still in the plastic wrap. So the question is, should I just buy a re-issue and keep this as is? I have no idea if it has any real value beyond preservation of the past, but it has to be somewhat uncommon right? I bought this along with a Nikko 959 and some other Japanese r/c because I have a problem that maybe you'd understand.

What do we think?

2FF4B436-6F07-4103-BFC2-818883B603EF.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, hastighet said:

I came across an original TA03R-S 911 GT1 and snapped it up to have some fun but now I'm having second thoughts. This is an original still in the plastic wrap. So the question is, should I just buy a re-issue and keep this as is? I have no idea if it has any real value beyond preservation of the past, but it has to be somewhat uncommon right? I bought this along with a Nikko 959 and some other Japanese r/c because I have a problem that maybe you'd understand.

What do we think?

2FF4B436-6F07-4103-BFC2-818883B603EF.jpeg

Wow, that's a great find!

I'm a little bit obsessed, maybe obsessed is too big a word, perhaps ....but this is one of my favourite chassis, shell and livery combinations for sure

I've been on a casual lookout for one of these kits for a couple of years, never seen one NIB for anything less than mega-££££, and never ever seen one sealed and immaculate like this.

If it was me, I would keep it sealed, and buy the re-released street version (47443). If you wanted to stick with the '96 Le Mans livery you could either buy some repro stickers from the likes of MCI, or buy a separate body kit (50747 / 49126). There are a couple on eBay and at least one on Japanese Yahoo right now, and I imagine you could buy the re:re TA03 kit and a 96 LM body kit for much less than this would sell for 

But that's just me, I don't think I could bear to be the one who broke the cellophane on that sealed kit 😂

Whatever you do, do it for you...whatever brings you the most joy 👍

Thanks, you confirmed my gut. I come from the classic car rule of thought that "it's only original once". A concept that's been drilled into my head whenever talking to the purists about old cars.

I think I'll go ahead and order a re-released kit and and satisfy my itch that way and put this away for safe keeping. I'd rather build one to enjoy rather than worrying about destroying something I couldn't find again, but I'll certainly get the LeMans livery. It's too cool.

I was a buggy guy as a kid and remember how fun it was to build and run and when my son showed even a glimmer of interest it was any easy decision to get a more modern kit and relive the past. These are infinitely more affordable to collect than their full-sized likenesses. Yet another plus. Looking forward to being a part of the forum.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hastighet said:

I think I'll go ahead and order a re-released kit and and satisfy my itch that way and put this away for safe keeping. I'd rather build one to enjoy rather than worrying about destroying something I couldn't find again, but I'll certainly get the LeMans livery. It's too cool.

Good choice 👍