FoxShot

24 Ghz Radio Interreference

Good Morning/Afternoon.

Several of my mates, me included have the Absima CR3P transmitter and meet up at a couple of place for impromptu race sessions. These are at a school playground near Biggin Hill, and a train station car park in Sevenoaks.

We have noticed some VERY erratic controlling at these sites, more so at Sevenoaks station. I have also had the same at Purley Station, but much worse. 

The main similarity with these sites is mobile phone transmitters, Purley being the biggest, and the closest as i was on the top floor of the multi story car park testing my TT01E Scooby race car.

Also, weirdly, it seems worse at Sevenoaks when a train goes through the station.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this? Are some transmitters/receivers more affected than others? Are we just plain unlucky?

I've never experienced this outside. My WLtoys and Flysky dare to make the cars they control shiver within 1 or 2 meters from the Wi-Fi router inside my house. Never tried that with my Traxxas and DumboRC transmitters/receivers.

The only 2.4Ghz interference I saw outside was between a ladder lift from roof workers and the automatic garage door from another house in the street. The controller from the ladder lift made the garage door open and close but not the other way around.

What ESC and servo are you using? I have the same CR3P radio setup and at one time was told that it was "cheap beginners" rubbish but the problem turned out to be something else. 

I drive my cars mainly indoors right next to our house’s main WiFi router.. no issue here.

I run a Spektrum DX5PRO 2021 and an old Futaba 4PKS-R.  

49 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

What ESC and servo are you using? I have the same CR3P radio setup and at one time was told that it was "cheap beginners" rubbish but the problem turned out to be something else. 

I am currently runny a Gool RC Brushless set up. Mate is running a Hobbywing Max10 setup. 

59 minutes ago, FoxShot said:

I am currently runny a Gool RC Brushless set up. Mate is running a Hobbywing Max10 setup. 

No, I asked for ESC and servo info. Using an over powerful servo can cause the BEC to trip causing the RX to reset leading to what can appear as interference. 

2 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

No, I asked for ESC and servo info. Using an over powerful servo can cause the BEC to trip causing the RX to reset leading to what can appear as interference. 

Ahh, sorry... think mine is a macgregor. if so, one of these. Will check when home

MacGregor MG5921HV 20.3Kg High Voltage Servo (tjdmodels.com)

MacGregor MG2810HV 10.0Kg/0.07s High Voltage Digital Servo (tjdmodels.com)

7 minutes ago, FoxShot said:

Ahh, sorry... think mine is a macgregor. if so, one of these. Will check when home

MacGregor MG5921HV 20.3Kg High Voltage Servo (tjdmodels.com)

MacGregor MG2810HV 10.0Kg/0.07s High Voltage Digital Servo (tjdmodels.com)

Ballpark is 1A per 3 - 4kg. So for the Gool, you should be OK with a 9 - 12kg servo while the HW one, 12 - 16kg.

This is just a rough calculation with no overheads allowed for the RX or anything else attached. 

To prove or disprove this problem, try connecting a basic 3 - 4kg servo and see if the "interference" happens. If you have a servo tester (stand alone or as a feature on some brushless program cards), you can check and confirm the A draw of a servo. 

Basically, if the BEC trips, your RX will go off for a split second, and when it comes back on, your ESC and/or servo will think it got connected and go through its start up. For example, notice the twitch if you turn on a car before the TX? That.