JustGooners

DB02 (Leonis) body replacement

I am about the acquire a DB02 chassis for my upcoming project, but it lacks the original Leonis body. I just wonder if any of the DB01 body such as Baldre or Durga would fit?  Thanks!!

• Like 1

Not sure about the fit, but PlazaJapan has the Baldre body in stock. Shipping was reasonable to the US. Just FYI...

@Juls1 did an excellent build thread comparing these 2. You might find your answer in here:

• Like 2

Thank you! I did look at the thread before. I have also looked at the TRF502x replacement body as well, the fact that the DB02 motor/diff housing is a bit towards the front than the DB01 worries me a bit, I may have to try my luck a bit.

• Like 1

Annoyingly I havnt painted the db01 body (or even cut it out) so I can’t tell you if it’ll drop over the db02. I’ll have to try remember to compare on the weekend. 

• Like 2

I’ll measure my TRF511 body width. The DB02 might be wider due to its battery arrangement.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 7:40 PM, GTodd said:

I’ll measure my TRF511 body width. The DB02 might be wider due to its battery arrangement.

Thanks, that's what I suspected. I may try to see if the TRF502x would be a better choice.

5 hours ago, JustGooners said:

Thanks, that's what I suspected. I may try to see if the TRF502x would be a better choice.

I never measured, I will tonight. The 502/511/503 all use the same body. Foot prints are the same as the OG 501.

• Like 1