Painting a Globeliner

I am painting a Globeliner Bodykit.

Masking the lines for the stripes

spacer.png

spacer.png

Painting the stripes

spacer.png

spacer.png

The top stripe colour is a dark grey that has a orange sparkle effect through it, the other stripe is a shadeshifter, that changes from pink to orange to green to orange. In the top stripe there is only the orange sparkle that can also be found in the lower stripe.

The thin outline is a dark grey metallic with a violett effect in it. The main body colour is a Black Cherry colour.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

After sanding and polishing the fenders.

spacer.png

• Like 11

I wish I never found this thread... now I want to go home and throw out anything I've ever painted!  :lol:

That cab looks amazing.  Well done!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Top job! Looks fantastic and great colour choice. What sort of masking tape did you use to get the tight corner curves and nice clean crisp edges?

Cheers

Kurt

Hi, perhaps you misunderstood my question?...I'm not asking for a shortcut,.... I am simply interested in the masking material/tape you used as you have done a very nice job here.

I would politely suggest that perhaps your 25 years experience could be used to help others on this forum including myself, if you are willing to share your tips. 

If not, no problem, I'll keep happily using my Tamiya masking tape 😎.....

Kurt

• Like 1

That is what i use too.... i did not mean it in a bad way. What i meant to say is that practice makes perfect. Some things take time to master, only tons of practice can take it to this level. Do it, look at what went wrong, then fix it and do it again. I do not have a magic trick to get it on. I did however chew through lots of masking tape to learn it. And if i did not like the result i pull it all off and do it again, untill i like it. You will get better with each roll you use. I remember the first time i used the masking tape... i thought i was going mad.... did not get great results at all, but kept redoing it till i got good at it. My first curves were horrible, and that was on a real car, not even a scale model. With everything i do i keep searching for the limits of what a material can and cant do, i like to figure out stuff that most run away from. Only advice i can give is get a box of tape and practice.

• Like 2

@Svlreclame, thanks for the reply and good advice. Good to hear that the Tamiya masking tape is up to the task, I've always found it to be pretty darn good. I've got a paint job to do in the coming months on my Kenworth which has some very thin lines/stripes on it so you've given me some extra confidence here. Thanks again.

Kurt