Collin

The Project X - Pre-series completed.

since I was first to ask for pricing, I hope I am number one on your list lol, but please let me know when ready thanks

HI Guys. Thanks for enthusiasm but you have to understand you cant sell any product if it is not even completet. Well, some people do that but who wants that? Remember that funky juicer-machine with juice bags squeezing out or the automatic 3 second toothbrush? :lol: Just kidding but I hope you understand, I cant promise anything yet.

My current thoughts are finding a propper CNC company milling bulkheads and shocktower. Thats all not that easy if you have certain quality standards to have fullfilled. :huh:

• Like 5

Hi Collin, 

I am interested in 1 kit. I hope I am still in the top 10.

Regards,

Joe Ling

6 hours ago, joeling said:

Hi Collin, 

I am interested in 1 kit. I hope I am still in the top 10.

Regards,

Joe Ling

Hi Joe Ling.

I think so far everyone here is under Top 10. I dont know how many interests my partner already have without my knowledge... But no promisses yet, kits are not complete but soon. I am so excited, the construction is complete, last details in perfection. Now its time for the CNC guys to do their job.

Stay tuned : )

• Like 5

On 10/19/2022 at 8:44 PM, animamundi said:

I am interested in getting one, am I too late to the party?

Hey ho. I dont have made a list by now. But this thread and PMs gives some precise timestamps and will be used to do a list, once the kits are completed. ; )

Just saw the thread right now Tom, and it blew me away. I knew you were working on a replica, but with all that improvements and excellent details /adjustability it´s really a new TRF buggy! The ones, that Tamiya doesn´t bring us anymore! :wub:

Do you have plans to include a special decal sheet for it maybe? at least some wrenchdog signs?;)

The renderings are upper cool, and I like the progressive spring setup dampers.

Good luck for the production run, I´m sure you´ll succeed in the end !

Kind regards,

Matthias

• Thanks 1

Good mornig Matthias, great to hear from you.

Thanks for your kind words. Indeed this buggy could have been the alternative way how to deal with replicas nowaday. There are the Kyosho videos on youtube about the new Optima and when I saw them lately, I thought we followed the same philosophy. Keep the genetic alive and do some improvement on the weak spots and some little modernisation here and there.

Clearly the build could have been much more a radical facelift. Layedown gearbox, longer suspension arms, lower shocktowers etc but at the end it would have lost its origin, I think.

Decal sheet will be done included for shure. Very minimalistic one based on the original TRF211x. Not shure if there will be and Wrenchdog ones, since its a project by Motobox V13 and me it might be Motodog or Wrenchbox :lol:

Greetings.
Tom

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Collin said:

Good mornig Matthias, great to hear from you.

Thanks for your kind words. Indeed this buggy could have been the alternative way how to deal with replicas nowaday. There are the Kyosho videos on youtube about the new Optima and when I saw them lately, I thought we followed the same philosophy. Keep the genetic alive and do some improvement on the weak spots and some little modernisation here and there.

Clearly the build could have been much more a radical facelift. Layedown gearbox, longer suspension arms, lower shocktowers etc but at the end it would have lost its origin, I think.

Decal sheet will be done included for shure. Very minimalistic one based on the original TRF211x. Not shure if there will be and Wrenchdog ones, since its a project by Motobox V13 and me it might be Motodog or Wrenchbox :lol:

Greetings.
Tom

Indeed I seemed to sleep for one of the best TC projects ever!:)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ruebiracer said:

Indeed I seemed to sleep for one of the best TC projects ever!:)

°smily-with-deep-red-face°

This is something I can not and will not judge. I observe some other projects here which are deeply inspiring. Just out of the memory the cralwers from @JennyMo, all the stuff from @wtcc5 or @ThunderDragonCy

But yes... its a huge project over two years plus all that tinkering around mid motor conversion and so on... lot of time, lot of money and still lot of idears for new projects along the Dyna chassis.

• Thanks 3

I completely missed that too :o

Awesome project. I so hope you find a good cnc service! My efforts for aluminum parts production in Europe weren’t very successful regarding the price. My FWD project is on ice right now, because the offers I got for a set of simple geometry aluminum parts weren’t below 1700€… And the chinese don‘t want orders below 50-100 copies…

Ich drücke die Daumen dass du gute Angebote bekommst!

• Like 3

xometry was way most expensive cnc service where I asked for an offer. Some parts are already made by a local guy, he is brilliant but only can do things one by one and only the simple parts. The other parts already found a production company. I am very excited about the pre-series parts.

The production part of this project is by far the hardest part to solve. Also need to say, this project was not only fun, it cost me a lot of nerves too and took a major part of my life in my last two years, I put lot of other nice and importand happenings beside to make this thing happening and I am more then happy that it is in its final stage. It is a very interesting experience and by far the biggest and most complex project im my life, so far.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@Collin What price range do you have in mind for your masterpiece?   USD500 range or more?   (or a lot more?)

USD500 is the range of a new Tamiya Avante Black Edition which comes in an impression of few thousand (i guess) and is industrial made.

:ph34r:

19 minutes ago, Collin said:

USD500 is the range of a new Tamiya Avante Black Edition which comes in an impression of few thousand (i guess) and is industrial made.

:ph34r:

Sorry, I am in the other side of the planet, dumb, and can't seem to read between the lines.. :lol: so are you saying it is going to be much less than USD500?  

To be realistic with only 10 samples, the answer must be much more than 500 USD, to be realistic.;) Europe is not China, so the handcrafting is much more expensive, I´d dare to say. Nevertheless I´m sure, that @Collin will sell those kits.

• Thanks 1

One last word from my side about price, its only the material/parts what will be paied. No manpower, no prototyping, just 1:1 the price we paied for parts, screws, bearings, machining etc.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Collin said:

One last word from my side about price, its only the material/parts what will be paied. No manpower, no prototyping, just 1:1 the price we paied for parts, screws, bearings, machining etc.

Yeah, sorry for making the dialog awkward.   GL with the project and keep us posted what the asking price is when available.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only just seen this thread @Collin. Looks like an amazing project with a huge amount of work gone into it. What's the latest news on it?

Just got pre series aluminum parts. Last adaptions, testing colours for anodizing. Doing window maskings and such things. Soon I put all parts together to one piece :)

• Like 4

looks like this awesome project is coming closer to completion now.
 Following with great interest and admiration !

• Thanks 1