Beetlemankurt

Ultima Pro wing wire and buttons

Hi all, about to start restoring my good ol Ultima Pro from BITD....I will be giving it a second lease on racing life by entering the Vintage RC racing series here in NZ. 

I will grab a repro body and decals to use for racing and keep hoping that Kyosho re re's this or the Turbo Ultima in the not so distant future so I can do a genuine Kyosho body for display too.

Anyhoo.....I've been keeping an eye out for a genuine wing wire and the two aluminium buttons to hold the wing on for some time but keep coming up empty handed..have searched in all the usual online places......has either anyone got these items that they are willing to sell or is there a modern day equivalent that looks very similar that  others have found? I found tonnes of buttons but they look completely different to the original ones...

Also after the alloy posts that he wing mounts into as for some weird reason I must have thought it was a great idea to remove them as some point in the distant past....(turns out it wasn't  😀)....

Open to suggestions....

Cheers

Kurt

Good luck as some of these parts are hard to find. As a temp solution, before I found original parts, I bent some piano wire and used some vintage bullet wing mounts. I think they were BRP horizontal wing mounts. Then I used some random wing buttons. 

Thanks Richierich! Much appreciated mate, I'll give those BRP mounts a look and will keep an eye out for some original items over the coming weeks also.

Thanks again

Kurt