Juhunio

So..what's the one thing you LOVE most about Tamiya?

On 9/9/2022 at 6:43 AM, markbt73 said:

It's excellent design and expert engineering from start to finish, and I really admire that.

Completely agree with that 👍

On 9/10/2022 at 1:23 PM, Saito2 said:

They all have personality in their bones that extends down into how their mechanicals are designed and perform. 

All beautifully put @Saito2, but this point in particular really resonates with me 😀

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 12:37 AM, Big Jon said:

What I love most? The FUN. Tamiya has never forgotten that this is supposed to be fun, and their product line reflects that. I can’t think of anything I’ve ever bought from them that didn’t seem like someone cared.

I'm really enjoying that FUN is coming across in a lot of the thoughts here 😃

I also really sense the amount of care that goes into the Tamiya brand, good point well made 

• Like 3

The one thing I love about Tamiya is that building Tamiya kits kept me, relatively, sane during our second months long lockdown and curfew.

• Like 2

Plastic bushings instead of bearings ;) .. and the Blue anodising 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bavee said:

The one thing I love about Tamiya is that building Tamiya kits kept me, relatively, sane during our second months long lockdown and curfew.

Same, except for almost all of 2020 and 2021 😊

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, qatmix said:

Plastic bushings instead of bearings ;) .. and the Blue anodising 

Interesting, most people see the plastic bushings as an oddity. Good to see them getting some love 👍 

I agree on the blue anodising though, beautiful 👌

I love that they are still here after 50 years, doing it 'wrong'. I mean, a lot of us could drink a lot of beer telling everyone how Tamiya is doing it 'wrong'.  Yet after 50+ years of RC they are still here so they are doing it right...  A lot of other companies have come and gone with models that 'did it right'; great engineering, manufacturing, great looking models etc., but very few have stayed around.  Some feel more like race teams that have make a profit in a niche product segment based on what is winning right now, but not a lot of breadth to their offerings, mostly chasing the next big thing. Tamiya has a LOT of different rc things, whether it is the new hotness or not.  In addition, RC is only part of the company, something that not all rc manufacturers have.  Tamiya have their big homegrown mini market, educational toys, static models, and more.  Tamiya has managed to pull from those other areas to create interesting things.  Their fortunes don't ride only on the success of their rc business. A couple bad years where interest shifts to where a company doesn't have a product, that would shut down many rc brands is just a lull for Tamiya while they regroup.

• Like 2