Collin

2WD front rims with 1050 bearings (3rd-party welcome)

hi friends.

Since a wihle its pretty hard to buy Tamiya front rims (dish style) used with the TRF201. Now I was searching for aftermarket rims but they all have a different mount, like hex or one bearing only. Can anyone recommend some nice available front rims? Pre-glued are welcome too, since I dont really like the procedure of gluing tyres.

I have same issue. You can get part #54220 - and then use any RC10B4 front wheel (with the imperial bearings from a B4).

Alternatively you could do a front hex conversion, I've not attempted this yet as I like to keep my cars as Tamiya as possible, but you can find the details in the TRF 2WD thread on RCTech.net - most of the conversions involve using some AE or Yokomo parts.

• Thanks 1

maybe not quite what you're loooking for (not dish style) but jc racing products do fox and egress style wheels with double bearing front fitment, but for 2.2" tyres. I have a fox set and they are definitely double bearing front fitment, I imagine the egress style are too

Kyosho makes some front wheels that accept 1050 bearings.  Or are you looking for wheels that accept 1150 bearings???

Terry

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2022 at 4:20 PM, Frog Jumper said:

Kyosho makes some front wheels that accept 1050 bearings.  Or are you looking for wheels that accept 1150 bearings???

Terry

1050 or 1150, that does not matter. I simply font want to swap for hex mount.

On 9/8/2022 at 12:04 AM, BuggyGuy said:

I have same issue. You can get part #54220 - and then use any RC10B4 front wheel (with the imperial bearings from a B4).

Alternatively you could do a front hex conversion, I've not attempted this yet as I like to keep my cars as Tamiya as possible, but you can find the details in the TRF 2WD thread on RCTech.net - most of the conversions involve using some AE or Yokomo parts.

Hi. Took some time but now... I think using inch-wheel axles will be the way I go. I found the Hex mod you mentioned which is also nice in my eyes, but I think I should stay on one standard to keep things interchangeabel. Still stupid that some standard Tamiya parts are so hard to get nowadays...

I've a set of the kyosho Turbo Scorpion wheels ,for my DT03 (project in the wings atm...).

The wheels are for 8mm OD bearings (kyosho use a 4mm shaft),so would need 5x8x3 bearings to fit the tamiyas 5mm shaft, but can only get 5x8x2.5, so would need a 0.5mm shim (or 0.5mm end float?) The tamiya equivalent bearing is an '850'.

2021-05-25_02-30-17

The kyosho Ultima wheels would fit too, but are the same size.

On 9/11/2022 at 8:35 PM, Wooders28 said:

I've a set of the kyosho Turbo Scorpion wheels ,for my DT03 (project in the wings atm...).

The wheels are for 8mm OD bearings (kyosho use a 4mm shaft),so would need 5x8x3 bearings to fit the tamiyas 5mm shaft, but can only get 5x8x2.5, so would need a 0.5mm shim (or 0.5mm end float?) The tamiya equivalent bearing is an '850'.

2021-05-25_02-30-17

The kyosho Ultima wheels would fit too, but are the same size.

Ultima wheels is what I put on my Super Madtute (on original Madcap uprights). 2 of 850 bearings and 2 of 1mm M5 shims on each wheel.

I presume the Ultima wheel has the bearings mounted closer together than Tamiya do.

You can match with Kyosho rears if you run 4mm hexes.

1 hour ago, naturbo2000 said:

I presume the Ultima wheel has the bearings mounted closer together than Tamiya do.

Kyosho use 4mm shafts, and 4 x 8 x 3mm bearings (Tamiyas 840 bearing), where tamiya use 5mm shafts, meaning the option is only 5 x 8 x 2.5mm (tamiyas 850 bearing), which at 2.5mm width, are 0.5mm thinner, giving you the 1mm shim requirement.