Sign in to follow this  
lentner3

Collection for sale.

Not huge but a few nice items my friend is selling.

moving house and needs to sell it quickly or risk it going in to storage indefinitely but obviously doesn’t want to let it go for peanuts so I said I’d post it on here for him. Any questions just ping me a message.

he will consider splitting it and is open to reasonable offers. I can vouch for the build quality everything is well put together and ball raced. Not a lot has had much use.

id take it myself but don’t have the room nor a wife with any spare patience as my collection needs streamlining not growing 😂

see link below. Won’t embed so may be necessary to copy and paste to your browser.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1254136238670029/

Lots of views but no comments.

If anyone want to suggest a sensible price. Maybe he is asking too much? Let me know as no one will be offended.

15 hours ago, Rabbi_kun said:

Curious but locked behind Facebook.

Yeah I’m bot on Facebook either.

I’ll copy and paste the text but too many photos to post here.

Here is the original advert and text. Happy to arrange shipping if anyone is interested.

Hi everyone ive been bombarded with lots of low ball offers these will be ignored in the future as id rather give it away rather than sell for £200-300 i built this collection up over the last 4 years at great cost yes i know i wont get my money back but i want them to go to a genuine collector not someone looking to make money saying that's all they are worth !. Ive priced to sell but open to sensible offers too and sorry i dont have the time to sell separately as we move in 2 weeks and if not sold ill just put them in storage in my fathers loft. Cheers Hi im reluctantly selling my complete RC collection due to moving house and not having the room for it all. There are 8 rc cars/buggies 7 ready to run and one just needs electrics. All other than the Mini lunchbox have brushless motors and esc fitted. There are a total of 13 batteries 8 of which are Lipo and comes with charger ect along with 5 sets of transmitters new spare esc's receivers and servos. All cars have been used with some ware but no broken or cracked parts and most have hop-ups and all are ballraced and look good. As you will see there is a mountain of spare parts paint lots of sets of wheel and tyres and hop ups too. Take a close look at all the pictures to see everything properly. I'm gutted to have to sell it all but needs must ive priced to sell and all will need to go together. I highly recommend viewing in person as there's a lot to see. I'm located in Burgess Hill West Sussex obviously collection only due to the amount here. Thanks

Being brutally honest (since your friend says he can take it), there's nothing interesting in his collection that would make anyone pay good money for all of it in one go.

It's 8 bottom of the range cars (Tamiya and off-brand as far as I can see), with the basic stuff you would expect to get with them.

The only people who would buy it as a job lot are the people looking to sell on for a profit (hence the low offers).

His description is bad as well. He needs to list what is there rather than just telling people to look at the picture.

If he splits it into several lots he might get closer to his target price. But I doubt it will go quickly.

• Like 2

It's a rough pill to swallow, but I think @sosidge nailed this one dead on.

Any one of these will likely sell quick at a low price (they are used and entry level):

TT02B Neo Scorcher Buggy
DT03 Neo Fighter Buggy
Rising Fighter Buggy (x2)
TT02 Honda Raybrig
SW01 Lunchbox Mini
Absima AT2.4 Truggy
"Racing XT" Truggy (?)

There are a lot of "extras" included... but entry level radios, used batteries, tires, and paint are not collectable or high ticket items.  If he was local (to me), I'd absolutely make him an offer on it, with the intention of keeping 1 or 2 cars to run, and then slowly parting it out for more money.  But... that's what he doesn't want someone to do... and he doesn't want to take £300 for it.  It's a rough situation for him, and I do feel bad for him... it's a personal collection that obviously holds a lot of value to him.  That's just not likely to be reflected on the secondary market.  :(

Just showed him this thread. 
if anyone on here wants it he will take £500.

I think it’s probably likely to go in to storage otherwise.