Re-Bugged

Scorcher on a TA02SW (Previously, Measurement Request Please)!!

Chewing over a project, if someone could let me know what the width of a TA02 chassis Tub is please that would be great thanks.

I’m hoping a Scorcher body will fit over the top. I have a Shorty LiPo to use in it so the battery wires that would normally stick out from a NiMH won’t be a problem. 

This was up for sale a few years back

ta02ss1.jpg

ta02ss2.jpg

ta02ss3.jpg

ta02ss4.jpg

ta02ss5.jpg

Edit:

Just found this too;

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all that @TWINSET 👍🏻 some good reference in there.

I'm aiming for a street version, and with the SS body just sitting on my Porsche 934 TA02SW chassis I was pretty happy with how it looked. There seems to be a few TA02 Calibra's going cheap at the moment so seemed like the perfect opportunity. Adding the TA02SW F parts swing arms and longer drive shafts should get me almost there hopefully.

B40148BD-890D-4E2F-8F5F-058E668C67BA.md.

I looked into something similar on an M chassis a long time ago but I wasn't sure how to get the width on the wheelbase I wanted? 

I've been trying to get to checkout on RC Mart this afternoon but just keeps telling me checkout is activated elsewhere, not letting me go any further which is a bit of a hiccup 🙄

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

...  Adding the TA02SW F parts swing arms and longer drive shafts should get me almost there hopefully.

I looked into something similar on an M chassis a long time ago but I wasn't sure how to get the width on the wheelbase I wanted? 

Years n years ago Tamiya used to make some 2 or 3 part wheels where the rim section could be flipped to widen the track (I think)

Pretty sure they were white 5 spokes but can't remember what car they were for originally

Edit: These are them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295137112709?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=RPYY7N2XTou&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=UfeleFAHRXy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Porsche version: offset +2 and +10 flipped

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394235869679?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=64iuHMS9TDa&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=UfeleFAHRXy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Thanks 1

Slightly turned into a semi build thread now to help keep things in one spot.

One of the biggest problems for me anyway when fitting a body to a chassis it wasn’t meant for is post location. Harder to see where things need to be with a hard body rather than a transparent Lexan one.

I had a bit of time to sort out the front post today after arming myself with a few bits and pieces from the hardware shop with what might come in handy.

I’ve slotted the hole in the metal bracket to at least give some adjustability. There is a nice metal bracket supporting the the front shock tower with a Carbon Fibre packing piece when removed was an ideal place to fabricate something from.

Digging around the spares box I found a front post left over from a Blackfoot or M/Beetle. Cutting the rib off it could then be bolted onto the top of the fabricated metal bracket. All in all it took about an hour or so and pretty happy with the results.

With the suspension under full compression and the chassis touching the ground the wheels ‘just’ touch the back of the wheel arch on full steering lock. Once the rear mount is done I suspect it will be fine. This shell is by no means a shelf Queen anyway and has been through a few transformations so all adds to its story and character 🙂

EBEFB62A-3878-4B4A-B0D8-885D71B91412.jpg

77B87B41-D986-486E-8632-C4968546174B.jpg 

9DBAC70C-60F2-432C-AD74-359C34231503.jpg

• Like 4

I now have both body mounts sorted and on its permanent TA02 tub chassis using some Aluminium extrusion and a cut down SRB roll bar for the back. There is a screw into the top of the rear gearbox case where the antenna tube goes to stiffen it up. All done to keep the body compatible with a SRB Chassis.

C0F012DA-F93D-4885-8887-3590B59C1F8F.jpg

The chassis could now be called a TA02S(E)W, E for Extra!!, as the rear wheels are 8mm wider track than a standard SW because the on XV01 rear uni drive shafts the hex pin hole in the shaft had a 4mm gap between the drive pin and rear upright bearing. The kit supplied 850 (I think it was) metal bushing spaced the void perfectly giving me the look I was after 👍🏻 

F686AB70-A3BA-4374-91E0-7B66FDE60A8D.jpg

31C41D38-2F62-4D0A-9681-8792A14F0CBE.jpg

7302BEAC-D5EE-483D-9A7E-535FE8BA3DED.jpg 

Very happy with it so far & I’ve got a fake engine to go at the back which will be the next job then she’ll be good for run 😃

• Like 7