middleagedgrup

Wanted: 9805723 - Joint collars for joint cups

Hi all

Am looking for 8x brass collars to fit to to 53217.  Anyone in the UK have some to sell?  There are some in stock at Modellbau-Seidel but they don't ship to the UK unfortunately.

Many thanks!  :)

11 hours ago, futureworks said:

Hi @middleagedgrup did you ever find a source for some of these? I am looking for 4 (from the uk).

Hi mate. No, I'm afraid not. Did have a scammer contact me to try and sell me some 🙄, but alas no genuine leads. I guess the answer is to have a contact in Germany who can send some over.

I know this isnt necessarily the specific answer to the question and you probably know already but the latter Top Force Evo diff joints 9805419 have the collar machined into them so you dont need the separate brass bushings.

spacer.png

I got a set of the brass bushings for the plain diff joints on my Ta02RS as they were the originally intended parts but on my runners I use these as they are readily available in the uk.

• Like 1

I’ve discovered today  @middleagedgrup and @Superluminal  that there is in fact a very simple and pretty much cost free solution to this, albeit not using the ‘correct’ part. All those 850 size brass bearings we replace with ball bearings should have a use somewhere, and it turns out they fit just like the joint collars would, based on a build I’ve been doing this morning.

Unbelievable also that the very day I replied to this topic previously,  a set turns up on eBay! Can’t win ‘em all!  Nevertheless, I now have a set coming to me along with some other parts from Seidel, so all good 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2023 at 2:31 PM, Superluminal said:

Thats a great shout @futureworks!!!!! Ive got millions of them in the spares box

Slight difference in width (I.e., relative height in pic ) with a side by side comparison now I’ve got some collars, but otherwise   Both work.

B9FC5AB4-A80B-499E-ADF2-395933B3F887.jpeg

• Like 1

This is intriguing so went searching. Found these, only two sadly but they look to be the same.

20230128_170300.jpg