Wranger

Is there a MIP Super Ball diff available for the original Monster Beetle?

Hi Legends,

Is there a MIP Super Ball diff available for the original Monster Beetle?  I understand the MIP that you can find online is only for the re re MB..?

cheers all

The MIP will work in a OG MB, but it is designed to be used with re-re cups and shafts/axles.

To answer your question, there is no MIP diff specific to the OG MB and the OG cups and shafts/axles.

Terry

• Like 1

@Frog JumperThanks for the responseI was …..also wondering if I could swap out the “pretty poor” hex axels with the dog bone ones (I assume thes are used in the re re version)?

15 minutes ago, Wranger said:

@Frog JumperThanks for the responseI was …..also wondering if I could swap out the “pretty poor” hex axels with the dog bone ones (I assume thes are used in the re re version)?

You should do some reading about the MIP in some of the older threads here.  I *think* it was designed to be used the the universal CVA shafts/axles, and not the dog-bones???  I could be wrong - its been a long time...

Terry

@Frog Jumper yes some deeper research required I think. I took the old gearbox apart, regressed etc etc and put it back together….now it’s clicking, so something needs to be tightened, hence my thought of replacing it with the MIP. 

1 hour ago, Wranger said:

@Frog Jumper yes some deeper research required I think. I took the old gearbox apart, regressed etc etc and put it back together….now it’s clicking, so something needs to be tightened, hence my thought of replacing it with the MIP. 

You may want to check this out before you invest in an MIP.

Terry

Either way, get the dogbone drive parts. That hex drive was ***.

11 hours ago, Wranger said:

@mongoose1983. Did I se you had a “blue” solution to this problem, that I saw??

Think I have four or five Tamiya ORV vehicles here but none has any transmission mods.

I wonder where or what did you saw such thing, I'm curious.

Best of luck with your RC car there!

• Like 1