Sign in to follow this  
Hudson

Fighter Buggy SV DT02 Kit No. 58553

I’m a big fan of the DT02 chassis and thought I was aware of all the different releases over the years - Holiday Buggy , Sand Viper, Neo Falcon! etc etc. I then came across an advert for a NIB Fighter Buggy SV -  this is the first time I’ve seen this precise model - it seems to be a Sand Viper with different colour box art and different wheels/tyres. Can anyone throw any light on this for me?

• Like 1

I live in France and someone’s selling a NIB on a well known national website - I was just very surprised that I’d never come across this model. I looked at ‘members models’ on TC and only found one - I guess it was a short production run!? Also just seems strange as it’s basically a Sand Viper. I’m just curious……

3 minutes ago, Hudson said:

I live in France and someone’s selling a NIB on a well known national website - I was just very surprised that I’d never come across this model. I looked at ‘members models’ on TC and only found one - I guess it was a short production run!? Also just seems strange as it’s basically a Sand Viper. I’m just curious……

If you’re a fan of the DT02, you should grab it right away and keep it in your collection!

GL! 

• Like 1

It's not quite a full-fledged Sand Viper, more like a Holiday Buggy chassis with a lightweight Sand Viper shell and road tires.

It comes with the molded plastic upper suspension links instead of turnbuckles, plastic dogbones/drive cups, and a 380 motor, all the same as the Holiday Buggy.

I came across the SV model earlier this year when I was researching the DT02 I bought, which happens to be the Holiday Buggy version of the chassis. At first I thought the "SV" could stand for "Starter Version" or "Street Version" but I suspect it simply means "Sand Viper".

Mine came with a blue Desert Gator shell which gives it a very SV look, so I've nicknamed it the "Fighter Buggy DG". It's a great car :D

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

If you’re a fan of the DT02, you should grab it right away and keep it in your collection!

GL! 

Yup, I think that’s excellent advice - I’m gonna make an offer…..

52 minutes ago, El Gecko said:

It's not quite a full-fledged Sand Viper, more like a Holiday Buggy chassis with a lightweight Sand Viper shell and road tires.

It comes with the molded plastic upper suspension links instead of turnbuckles, plastic dogbones/drive cups, and a 380 motor, all the same as the Holiday Buggy.

I came across the SV model earlier this year when I was researching the DT02 I bought, which happens to be the Holiday Buggy version of the chassis. At first I thought the "SV" could stand for "Starter Version" or "Street Version" but I suspect it simply means "Sand Viper".

Mine came with a blue Desert Gator shell which gives it a very SV look, so I've nicknamed it the "Fighter Buggy DG". It's a great car :D

A very informed response - much appreciated…….

• Like 1