tamiya3speed

How Best to Enjoy TT-02

On 9/17/2022 at 1:34 AM, OoALEJOoO said:

The kits do not come with foam inserts for the tires, which is a low-cost upgrade I would add.

Recently built a TT02 for a customer, and this is probably the biggest shock I got when building it. Foams are a $2 extra that used to be included in most on road chassis kits, why not the TT02? Baffling....

• Like 1

These don’t technically answer the question but they show the various ways you can enjoy a TT02  061171F2-83EF-46EB-8176-E5270DD0A711.jpg
D70CE449-6607-4618-9E05-E5B5F40D8929.jpg

you have a TT02-S with 10.5t brushless motor, high speed gear set, 64 pitch pinion and spur( can’t remember the numbers but the FDR is pretty low) . Currently running on VTA 32mm rears and 26mm fronts. This is pretty quick in fact I’m going to detune as it’s too quick for the place I run it. The other is a TT02-T with TT motor, cva’s and bearings. Apart from the bearings this is how it was out of the box ( not the body or the tyres) it’s a really fun little truck, it’s a shame they didn’t develop the T version. I don’t have a buggy version but obviously that adds a different dimension to the tale. Quite fancy a Neo Scorcher in lowered road trim!! There’s been a couple of cool ones done by members . So the short answer to you question is any which way you can. Wether bog standard or tricked up they can be a lot of fun. They probably won’t win championships but they are not really designed to, maybe apart from single make formulas. I think sometimes we expect too much of our beloved Tamiya’s. When I came back to the hobby everybody was bashing the CC01 saying it was no good at rock crawling etc and people spent lots of money trying to make it do it. And surprise surprise they never really succeeded cos it was never designed as a rock crawler, more a C ross C ountry car. Now it seems it’s the TT02’s turn. There are better chassis’s around and yes some come with more things as standard but at the end of the day they’re as tough as old boots and a lot of fun!!!

• Like 4

On 9/16/2022 at 10:57 AM, speedy_w_beans said:

Buy a body set instead of a complete kit.  Then buy whatever chassis you like, anything from a low-level 3Racing to a mid-range TA/TB to a high level TRF (insert other brands or chassis codes as desired).  You'll get a body without pre-punched holes and the chassis will be equipped to whatever level you like.  Use magnetic body mounts to move the body to another chassis later.

I bought a TT-02 SR for this purpose, so I can put a few different bodies on one chassis.  I figure this way I'd get the nicest TT-02 I could get, hence the SR, paid 160 Euro for it (215 CAD).. 

Which magnetic body mounts do you recommend? 

I would like to get the Senna body at some point, but I have the BRZ, BRZ GT, S2000, and Supra bodies waiting to go into the paint booth.

Tamiya recently released TT-02 chassis cover for off-road purpose. However from few video I saw it doesn't work that well?

• Haha 1