sturge

Mercedes Arocs 3348 interior and mfc-03

Hi all:D

I have just bought my second big rig, the Mercedes Arocs 3348 Tipper

Has anyone managed to fit the mfc and the interior into the cab? If so, can you please let me know where you located the mfc so the cab would close down without the interior fouling on it?

I have the actuator and some extra cab roof lights to fit to the mfc, but want to hide it away so that maybe I can light the interior and fit some extra goodies into the cab to be seen when the interior cab lights are on. 

The only place I can think is the back wall of the cab interior, with some plastic and in front of to hide it but not sure it will fit in the gap behind the seats. 

Any ideas or pictures of anything you have done to get over this would be much appreciated 😃

Thanks in advance 

Paul

I have tried on the M/B Arocs 4151 tipper, the bigger dump truck. I think the cab is fairly the same.  Many hours and adjustments! I am determined to do it. But it still is not done do to frustration and time. I wanted to do the same thing. 

Putting a wall in the back won't clear because of the cab swing to open. What else I did. Get the MFC-03 as matched to "the manual" placement flat to floor. I used Velcro as some placement is possible for more clearance. Tuck the wiring in neatly.(more important than ever)  Made seat brackets out of aluminum sheet that connect like the originals but seats higher in the cab. (seat screwed to aluminum without seat base) Also ended up doing 2 sets of the brackets because had to go even shorter. (higher up) Then cut Driver legs off at the knees. Then cut the center dashboard where it hangs down. Over and over I tried. Trying to keep and cut as little as possible. Still no luck and the seats will push up this way to. I gave up and still sits complete but with the cab off. Just never got back to it yet. (frustrating) 

I think the way to do it (thought this many times all ready) is to build a false floor, over the MFC, seats attached to that, etc... There really isn't room on this one. The original plastic seat hangers won't work. Center dashboard is a big issue. Which all sucks after a nice paint job and then cut /repaint over and over. The interior looks good stock. The big trouble is finding out what is blocking it from shutting now! Hard to tell!

Bottom line is it won't be easy and frustrating. I still think it can be done but not traditionally. The cab swing to open gets in the way also. 

In hind sight, try to make it all fit first then paint dash board, seats, driver. It sucks having it look good (done) and then cutting/re-paint.

I hope this gives you some clues and if you you do figure a way to do it let us know.

GOOD LUCK!

• Like 1

@Tamiyabigstuff @Tamiya Fan 1 thanks for both your replies😃

Some interesting ideas, I can see I’m gonna have my work cut out for me on this one. I will definitely let you know how I get on and what I have to do to make this fit. 

Cheers

Paul

sturge -  No problem. I looked into it more and the passenger seat might not be doable, (the MFC is high there) center dashboard may have to eliminate it, (not glued into place) it is a very tight cab (maybe the smallest one I have done) The "Globeliner" would be easier to do. I'm still going to try it again, think it can be done if everything is just right? There is room in there - just not in the right places. NOTE: Let the MFC breath at the heat sink, RH side truck, (silver piece) with what you do.

Expect a lot of trial and error! But that is the fun some times. I think it kicked my butt though. (for now)

Good luck, have fun, and let us know what you discover.

Hi Sturge 

I’ve had this problem too, I ended up making a plasticard wall behind the seats to mount the mfc unit and did away with the body stay altogether so now if I want to get inside the cab I just undo the 2 lower front bumper screws and then the front cab screws and lift it off which is a bit of a pain but I found i never go in there unless  I want to fit extra lights/beacons etc. I’ve got quite a few big rigs and they are all done the same way now, The hardest one was the Volvo heavy recovery truck which has plenty of room in the cab but is quite fiddly to get the cab on and off  because of the rear body

• Like 1

Hi all 😃

Thanks for all your comments and tips so far. 
I have fitted the dash, minus the lower centre consul, but not managed to fit the seats yet. 

I have turned the mfc through 90 degrees and lowered the brace it sits on over the motor,  so the light connection end is facing the front of the cab, this allows for the cab to be lifted and lowered without it catching on the dash. 

I have an idea of fitting the seats to a false floor which will be attached to the cab floor somehow, not sure how yet, but I know someone mentioned something like this, and it does seem like it will work, but might have to trim the bottom off the seats for clearance of parts of the mfc. 

Will keep you informed of my progress😃

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1