Yoshimitsu

Talbot Sunbeam Lotus Toivonen

Go for some 60D slicks for the M-chassis wheels. Tamiya makes them, but Pit Shimitzu also used to make them which you can still find sometimes. The Pit Shimitzu offer some different compounds if you need some grip to race the car.

• Like 1

After much dicking about and so much time getting the position right I'm happy with the wheels tyres stance etc.

Oh and just to make things more interesting I'm having a go at magnetic mounts and a cockpit.🤣

52409238829_70cdd4c030_k.jpg

52409238914_a34a122d0c_k.jpg

52408612777_e20b71b226_k.jpg

52409624168_6232f797ca_k.jpg

52409114526_8439e5420d_k.jpg

52408612662_5e43e84923_k.jpg

• Like 8

Those wheels and tyres are petfect. What are they!! Is the body a Tt02 size or M chassis?

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

Those wheels and tyres are petfect. What are they!! Is the body a Tt02 size or M chassis?

They're Speed Racer replicas from L&L.  In-between TT02 and M Chassis size so perfect for this

Shell is 190mm wheelbase, lots of fannying about to make it fit tho.😬

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

They're Speed Racer replicas from L&L.  In-between TT02 and M Chassis size so perfect for this

Shell is 190mm wheelbase, lots of fannying about to make it fit tho.😬

Do they use a bespoke tyre size thats totally unique to this rim? If so its about time someone made something like this!!

40 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Do they use a bespoke tyre size thats totally unique to this rim? If so its about time someone made something like this!!

I was just about to ask the same question. Are the wheels the ones that were showing out of stock?

Will the HPI vintage tyres fit those rims? I managed to source a set of the HPI wheels and tyres for my BMW 2002, a combo I really like.

22 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

I was just about to ask the same question. Are the wheels the ones that were showing out of stock?

I wondered if they are copies of the HPI wheels that take the HPI vintage tyres? You can still get the tyres from major stockists.

22 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I wondered if they are copies of the HPI wheels that take the HPI vintage tyres? You can still get the tyres from major stockists.

If these are the ones linked on the previous page, then no, they aren't copies of HPI vintage wheels and no, HPI vintage tyres (with the extended outer sidewall) will not fit. HPI vintage tyres have a bigger outer diameter, closer to, if not the same as, regular touring car tyres, so wouldn't be right for this car anyway. 

It looks like those L&L wheels and tyres are copies of HPI MX60 wheels and tyres, marketed for their 'cup racer' series. According to HPI's page, they have an outer diameter of 60mm (hence the name, I guess), but then this makes them the same as tamiya 60D M-Chassis tyres. So I'm not sure why Tamiya's 60D tyres wouldn't have worked on the Talbot.

I feel like we need a definitive wheel/tyre thread with actual wheel and tyre diameters for us scale enthusiasts to use as a guide when selecting suitable scale wheels and tyres. 

• Like 2

I'm far too late but if you want a taller sidewall on your tyres and a smaller rim, try the sw-01??. Mini lunchbox, they have a 12mm hex. I didn't read all the suggestions so it may have been mentioned already. 

I have a line up of 3 different M chassis tyres in my brushless quick drive Thunder dragon thread.  M chassis rally block, lunchbox tyres, or spiked kyosho tyres which are very close to the original Tamiya quick drive buggy tyres.

0LZi3vM.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm trying to recreate the Shell 'plate' here. There's no alot of room for error with these decals indeed they are nothing like Tamiya which allow for stretch shrink and reapplication.

I do like the faithful recreation of the Serck plates.

52420883223_df17b0c3c3_k.jpg

52420672029_8005320df6_h.jpg

52420883543_15eae8bd82_k.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Yoshimitsu said:

I'm trying to recreate the Shell 'plate' here. There's no alot of room for error with these decals indeed they are nothing like Tamiya which allow for stretch shrink and reapplication.

I do like the faithful recreation of the Serck plates.

52420883223_df17b0c3c3_k.jpg

52420672029_8005320df6_h.jpg

52420883543_15eae8bd82_k.jpg

That is looking seriously 😋 

Looks fantastic. Well done, a really nice model of a classic rally car.

• Like 1