Sign in to follow this  
Lorenzo08

F103RS Conversion carrosserie 190mm

Bonjour,

Je possède une Tamiya F103RS avec une carrosserie de Toyota GT1 en très mauvais état, et j'aurais saouhaiter l'équiper d'une carrosserie LMP type "team saxo TS01186 ".

Quel type de jantes peut-on monter pour passer de 200mm à 190mm ?

Merci pour votre aide.

Laurent.

Hi Laurent, you might get better help in English over here.

I am not familiar with the LMP shell but it looks like an approximative copy of the Tamiya Toyota Gazoo hybrid Le Mans racer. If that is the case, that Tamiya Gazoo shell is a direct fit/sold as a kit with the F103GT chassis. Maybe the F103 expert here would know whether the width difference between the RS and the GT are only in the wheels? If yes then "standard" Tamiya 26mm wheels, as supplied with the F103GT kits, would fit.

Salut Laurent,

Si vous avez des difficultés à communiquer, vous pouvez utiliser le traducteur DeepL: https://www.deepl.com/translator

That being said, it's not only about the width but also the wheelbase and the tire diameter. While the F103GT from the Toyota Gazoo TS050 would fit the width requirement I don't know if the wheelbase is correct, even though I suspect the body allows the wheel arches to be cut in a variety of different positions. And the touring car tires have a larger diameter which can be troublesome for mounting the body. The LMP-style bodies are designed for modern F1 cars with a longer wheelbase and small diameter tires.

My advice is to look for a 200mm pan car body like this: https://www.rc-kleinkram.de/en/pole-position-78221-groupc-1992-wgt-pancar-pro10s-body-200mm

That would fit the f103RS chassis without any adjustments required.