burakol

Help me ID this please

So not knowing anything about this, I pulled the trigger and bought this.

xjKXCFd.jpg

Y22yxMH.jpg

not sure what model it is. Looks like the front damper mounts are broken. I can see that it uses a blue sprint motor. I saw this on FB marketplace advertised as a very old RC in unknown condition. Im certain it is a Tamiya model but not quite sure what… it seems to be a 4wd as well due to a prop shaft… looks like it is part of the Terra Scorcher or Hotshot family? Thanks! 

• Like 1

Definitely looks old with the old style battery holder and old style aerial stick. Looks like an oddly angled monoshock at the front.

1 minute ago, El Gecko said:

Super Sabre, which uses a Boomerang chassis https://tamiyabase.com/tamiya-models/58066

Thank you! Just downloaded the manual... For $10, I'm sure I can't go wrong with it... Hopefully all it need is a B-part for the front bumper and front shock mount... I still have some spares from my prior Hotshot Rebuild which I think some parts can fit in this chassis. 

• Like 1

Yep definitely a super sabre! Boomerang chassis with all the bits in red instead of blue!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smirrors said:

Cool integrated box set up

Yeah, Super Sabre is great, but can anyone tell me more about that box? What’s it for? Display? Testing? What’s the electrical component down at the bottom?

I'd hazard a guess that the box is a home-made pit box, the electrical bit at the bottom is a battery charger. 

Nice find.  Something about that stand.. it seems to have some sort of sentimental value as I am drawn to it for some reason.  :lol:  haha

Like, did this person's dad or son make if for him on a limited budget repurposing scrap wood he had in the shed...? or whatever.. Seems to be doused with some sort of family story.  

Or it could be he made it himself and no emotional attachment.  :lol:  

(no I don't want your stand)

Sweet score!! 👍

As above, Tamiya Super Sabre , a boomerang with red bits ,so re release boomerang parts fit.

I'd get a bearing set, and rebuild the gears and bearings at least (chances are, its got plastic bushes) 

Thanks! Yeah, no hesitations when I saw it… I am picking it up tomorrow and will post more pics once I have it on hand. Hopefully it doesnt have much damage. Ironically, the seller was actually expecting that the item will sell for the box…

• Like 2

Got it! Yeah, the box is going in the trash... big, heavy, and bulky... quite ingenious tbh, but I have no need for it... I asked the seller for any sentimental value but said "no" 

Based on initial quick inspection, it only needs the front bumper, and the front shock holder so I will be ordering the B-parts tree... I did not see any major cracks or damages to the actual chassis which is a good thing... The car came with a Black Endurance Motor and fully RTR, albeit, using older electronics (MSC, 27mhz radio, nicd). However, before anything else, I do plan on disassembling every parts, give it a good degreasing before putting it back together... 

I will try to salvage all the parts I can including the tires and wheels, and will be using ball bearings, as well as using a more updated electronics (ESC, 2.4ghz radio system). 

For the body, it was sprayed with some type of household paint on the outer shell which is now cracking in peeling and helps my cause, but the inside was also painted with I think a polycarb paint and much harder to strip... I have to think of ways to strip the inside paint without damaging the plastic... In its current state, the body shell is still in fair condition with very minimal cracking on the some of its corners... 

BTW, anyone knows where I can find decals for it even if it's a reprint? Does MCI offer it? 

Shame about the box going in the trash, but you got a great deal all of that for $10!

I used to have a box like that when I flew i.c. Planes. It had glow panel and battery, fuel pump and holder for fuel bottle as well as trays for tools etc. in my case the trays tended to be used more often to stuff the bits of plane I had left after my usual powered descents into the ground!!!

• Haha 1