OliveJacksonRC

Clodbuster Motor Upgrade Suggestions

5 hours ago, Big Jon said:

Fragility is subjective, I guess. They’re adequate enough with silvercans and  NiMh.

Anything modified outside it’s designed parameters is going to fail.  That would be like me getting mad at Dodge when I blow the engine of my Hellcat due to me doubling its boost.  

The Clod handles mild modified motors just fine.  You can’t get mad at Tamiya for it not being able to deal with brushless motors. If you want that ability get a TXT2.

If you use a 10V (or something similar) LiPo battery with two silver cans you will have a decent speed and acceleration.
If and when the silver cans will wear you will replace them.
I have tons of them unused.

Max

• Like 4

13 hours ago, kontemax said:

If you use a 10V (or something similar) LiPo battery with two silver cans you will have a decent speed and acceleration.
If and when the silver cans will wear you will replace them.
I have tons of them unused.

Max

Agreed with this. Silver cans on 3S LiPo is the cheap, easy way to get a faster Clod.

• Like 3

A Hobbywing 860 / 880 esc

Then either 3s on the sliver cans 

Or

15t Firebolt / CoreRC motors / 2s, is about the quickest I'd go in stock form.

Although, with the different lead exit of 3s, you need to alter the battery end cover slightly.

(The 880 specs, say it'll run the silver cans on 4s, but never heard anyone try this.....yet 🙄)

Maybe try the Tamiya super stock brushed motor ! I have the super stock TZ and it’s got way more torque than standard silver can and speed, go a little further and install the ball raced bearing in the motor as I have and you get even more speed