JSHuiting

Issues with a brushless combo

Hello everyone, so i'm having some issues with a tamiya brushless combo, consisting out of a TBLM-01S motor, TBLE-04SR esc, TRU-07 reciever and TTU-07 sender.

It started acting up after i soldered the on/off switch internally and soldered the ESC's wires directly to the motor which i have done in the past with electronics from other brands succesfully.

When you power it up everything seems to work correctly, you can give it 100% throttle no issues, however as soon as you touch the brakes or release the throttle it just stops really abruptly, beeps, and a red/orange light flickers briefly.
After that everything works again, but only for like halve a second. After that it beeps and stops as soon as you hit the throttle or reverse.
After a while the red led starts flickering fast indicating that somethings wrong/broken/overheating, or the orange led starts flickering which would indicate that the sensor cable is broken/disconnected(?), or the green light starts flickering, no idea what that would mean.

So i'm thinking i damaged something in the esc whilst shorting the power button internally, or the motor got too hot whilst soldering, however if anyone has some ideas of what i could still try i'd love to hear it.

I already tried changing some of the settings, charged the batteries, and changed the sensor cable but to no avail.

2 hours ago, JSHuiting said:

TBLM-01S motor, TBLE-04SR esc, TRU-07 reciever and TTU-07 sender

What servo you are using? 

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

What servo you are using? 

The TSU-05, but the motor acts the same with it being disconnected.

40 minutes ago, JSHuiting said:

The TSU-05, but the motor acts the same with it being disconnected.

Sometimes an overpower servo can cause strange problems as the TBLEs have a rather weak BEC. However in your case, the TSU-05 is a rather weak standard servo so that should not be the cause of the problem. In fact it is a good match for your set up. 

Sorry I am out of ideas now. 

I'd go back to basics.

Set the throttle end points to 100%, and recalibrate the esc.