Sign in to follow this  
Chaosfruitbat

Clodbuster dilemma.

I'm looking for some advice/opinions please.

I recently acquired a Clodbuster at a very good price, and it appears to be mostly 1987. It has the chevy grille (a bit rough), 1987 stamped body (which is a bit battered), original air scoop etc. The wheels appear to be red, painted white, so possibly not original?

I want to drive it, and enjoy it, but feel it would be a waste to risk damaging something which somebody else might desire greatly.

Silly question, but is it worth selling and buying a new one to play with, allowing somebody the chance of owning an original?

The differences between an "Original" Clodbuster and any of the later releases is VERY minimal.  In fact, the Chevy grill/tailgate are really the ONLY parts that are collectable/out of production.  Yes, there as some minor tooling stamp changes, but the physical parts on a "modern" Super Clod, are essentially the same as on an OG.

If you want a clod to run, you're just as well off running this one than a "new" one.  If you're worried about the body... pick up a new one, and run with it.

Just my 2 cents...

• Like 3

On point comment! Even the new Clods have 87 stamped bodies and the chassis still have the cut outs for the power switch. Other than the metal bracing that came from the Bullhead and the removal Chevy badges you’d be hard pressed to find a difference. Heck even the old blower is included with the kits.  Restore what you need, and have it!!! So fun and what rc is about!

• Like 1

Buy another Clod, a re release, mount the best parts on the vintage Clod and make it a shelf king.
The remaining parts will go to the re release clod that will be your runner Clod that you will use without fear.

Max

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kontemax said:

Buy another Clod, a re release, mount the best parts on the vintage Clod and make it a shelf king.
The remaining parts will go to the re release clod that will be your runner Clod that you will use without fear.

Max

9/10 times I’d agree. But similar to the thunder shots , the clod and rere are near cloans minus the different color plastics.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GTodd said:

9/10 times I’d agree. But similar to the thunder shots , the clod and rere are near cloans minus the different color plastics.  

The perfect configuration for every model is:

- 1 Nib
- 1 another Nib in case of rerelease
- 1 Shelf Queen or King (Clod is a male in my immagination)
- 1 Runner
- 1 Custom version

The custom version could be the runner itself, depending the choices and the customizations.

Max

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GTodd said:

I was going to comment that "but by @kontemax suggestion you get TWO Clods, and what is better than that?"

And then he chimed in himself.....

7 minutes ago, kontemax said:

- 1 Nib
- 1 Runner
- 1 Custom version

The custom version could be the runner itself, depending the choices and the customizations.

Max

And yes... 5 Clod's is definitely better than 1!  :lol:  At least it doesn't make me feel bad about the number of them I have in various stages.... ha ha ha ha :ph34r:

22 minutes ago, kontemax said:

- 1 Nib
- 1 Runner
- 1 Custom version

Max

Hahaha yes!