RushRebel

Tower Hobbies Q

After letting my Tower Super Savers membership run out, I signed back up with the intention of getting one of the new Gray Clodbusters. To my surprise, it won’t let me use any discounts.

Is Tamiya not allowing vendors to use discounts again? I remember them doing it about 4 years ago when they implemented the MAP pricing, but thought they did away with the policy. If this is the case, it really sucks, seeing as how their prices have gone up on pretty much everything.

Just checked; Tamiya is definitely no longer in the list of eligible brands.

Too bad.  The only reason I would buy Tamiya kits from Tower Hobbies was the coupon codes...

Bummer.

...That said, I tried adding a random Tamiya kit (Grasshopper II) to my cart and applying a coupon, and it seemed to work...

Edited by FromageTheDog

You can use fusion points ( our sponsor) to purchase Tamiya products but maybe that’s a different kind of agreement?

1 hour ago, FromageTheDog said:

Just checked; Tamiya is definitely no longer in the list of eligible brands.

Too bad.  The only reason I would buy Tamiya kits from Tower Hobbies was the coupon codes...

Bummer.

...That said, I tried adding a random Tamiya kit (Grasshopper II) to my cart and applying a coupon, and it seemed to work...

I just tried for what was probably the 10th time and it did let me add the $50 coupon code. Unfortunately, I talked myself out of it at the last second. As much as I'd like another Clod, and the fact that I have a bunch of vintage ESP hop-ups from my original 80's version that I planned to use, I just can't justify spending that much right now for a 35-year-old design that doesn't even come with bearings. I was impressed by the quality and instructions of the Traxxas Slash kit recently, maybe I'll just save up a few more coins and build the TRX4.

You must be logged in to Tower in order to use Super Saver Club coupons, otherwise they will not work.

• Like 1

I've been ordering from Tower since the 80s. I've never joined their super saver club. I just don't order enough to justify spending money to save money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are no issue using coupons with Tamiya product 

I ordered the TA02 Lancia 037 last week.  Applied $40 tower club coupon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Champ85 said:

You must be logged in to Tower in order to use Super Saver Club coupons, otherwise they will not work.

I was logged in, it just wouldn’t accept any coupons, I tried it on several different kits thinking maybe it was just the new Clod causing problems. Finally it did work…after logging off and on about 10 times.

still up in the air about getting it.

Well, I took the plunge and ordered one. It’ll be a nice project this winter.  The Tower coupons did work, and I had enough points accumulated to get $ off of a high torque servo. Strange…I couldn’t find any bearings for the Clod listed on their website. Not a big deal, but still kinda odd as they offer them for many other Tamiya kits.

• Like 1