Tamiyabigstuff

56043 M551 Sheridan

2 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Looks as though it has been discontinued already - not released very long ago.

What gives ???

Poor seller maybe ?

probably...  a LOT of their more recent releases have disappeared (the panther G is the one i wanted, but disappeared before i could get it)...    heck, they don't even offer a version of the sherman anymore.

You can still find all the different kits online. Tamiya USA has the Sheridan. But the site is running low on choice. Sherman, Type 10 are not listed. They seem to be pushing the cheaper tanks that come with a radio?

Semi trucks are discontinued also. Mercedes Benz 1850L, Cascadia (not new) but was slated for a short run, and I think another one. (Aeromax) I liked all of those and have multiples.

That sucks when the items start to dry up.

The Sheridan at Tamiya USA is a static version -sorry. Also Aeromax is listed as out of stock but couldn't find one not to long ago any where?  Maybe bad timing. Tamiya is cutting back it seems since the pandemic. Big time in the tank section.

There is a Sheridan 551 tank on Amazon. I'm in the US though. A little pricey, but not terrible. I found  out it was a "limited edition". That's why it was a short run. Came out in 2019.

I think the TYPE 10 was "Limited Edition" also. I can't believe how many tanks became discontinued.

They are gold dust nowadays. It’s a shame as they are great to build and run though I agree are a little on the pricey side!!!

I think that Tamiya has been decimated by the cheaper ready to run 1/16 r/c tanks by mato and heng-long and torro.  why buy a kit for $1200 when you can get a RTR for $300...   not that i think the $300 RTR are as good as the Tamiya, but not everybody seems to consider quality vs price.

All the Tamiya Tanks are becoming scares. Maybe they will only be available when they come out and then for a short time? Don't know why but it is a shame.