Sign in to follow this  
tamiya_star

Novak Fusion ESC help

I've been going through some stuff and found this ESC.

I've tested it today and it's dead. The steering servo works so power appears to be passing through it but there is no throttle at all. I've tested another esc in the same car and it works fine. Does anyone know if these can be repaired please? Just seems a shame as it's never even been fitted to a car before it must have been faulty from new.

IMG_3605_.jpg

IMG_3606_.jpg

Anything can be repaired given enough time and money. 

ESCs are much cheaper than they use to be.  This one is likely not worth paying someone to repair. 

Are you sure you plugged it into your receiver correctly?  Are you willing to crack it open and look for obvious problems?

8 minutes ago, DTSCB said:

Anything can be repaired given enough time and money. 

ESCs are much cheaper than they use to be.  This one is likely not worth paying someone to repair. 

Are you sure you plugged it into your receiver correctly?  Are you willing to crack it open and look for obvious problems?

I'll open the case tonight and have a look for anything obvious.

Yeah don't worry I connected it correctly. I've been into Tamiya RC cars now for 27 years so I know what I'm doing. I think replacing faulty Mosfets is probably beyond me though. I also have a Futaba MC112B that is also dead. I just wondered if there was a particular company or individual that does old ESC repairs

If this is like the Novak Cyclone and GTB - nothing will happen until you've done the initial setup to set neutral and the throttle high + brake/reverse 

4 minutes ago, BuggyGuy said:

If this is like the Novak Cyclone and GTB - nothing will happen until you've done the initial setup to set neutral and the throttle high + brake/reverse 

Tried that it's weird it powers the steering servo but there is no throttle at all no matter what I try. I used to work in a model shop and sell RC cars so setting up speedos was a daily job for customers. Frustrating I've got 2 duds. The Futaba one is even worse that does nothing at all.

I had one of those Futaba MC112Bs. Talk about old school. Manually had to set the neutral and high end. Those had terrible brakes. Mine eventually burned out, no doubt because of using a motor that was way to hot for it. :D