Pylon80

Do FF-03 bodies fit the XV-01 chassis?

Hi all!

I am after a Civic type R R3 rally project. I am toying with the idea of using the civic shell on top of a FWD converted XV-01. The goal is to obtain a realistic FWD driving experience for off road. Do FF-03 shells typically fit on an XV-01? The 2 chassis look similar enough in terms of layout (front mounted engine etc) but when doing conversions and unusual mix and matches there's always a catch it seems!

Thanks!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@Pylon80 Will fit fine. XV01 has less front overhang than FF03. 

Thank you sir, exactly what I needed 🙂 Now let the hunt begin...

@Pylon80 make sure your shell is undrilled….FF03 and XV01 body posts are in different places so if the Civic shell is pre-drilled for an FF03 it won’t fit an XV01 👍

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

@Pylon80 make sure your shell is undrilled….FF03 and XV01 body posts are in different places so if the Civic shell is pre-drilled for an FF03 it won’t fit an XV01 👍

Ah see I knew there was a catch 😅 Thanks for the heads-up definitely not nice to have another set of unused holes in a shell. I'm waiting for a Civic R3 shell to fall below a reasonable price. Could be a long wait. Of anyone has any leads let me know, I'm in the US.