Golden

Avante wing painting

Hi All - after a bit more painting advice please.

What’s the best way to get paint into the top parts of the wing on the Avante? First effort was a mess - as I ended up putting the tip of the can virtually into the wing - and it resulted in the flake from ps16 settling on the surface (so when viewed from abive it went silver and light blue) - and of course left horrible run marks.  I’ve managed to strip it all off with carson paint killer - and it’s not too cloudy - so ready for a second effort…..

Is it best to spray super fine mist from a further distance to try to get it into the narrow channels of the the wing, or to move the can nearer?

Any tips appreciated!

Many thanks. 

When I did the Frog, it did not turn out too well. If I am to do it again, I will be using an airbrush. 

@Golden I would spray into a cup and brush paint into those crevices before spraying.  I use a super soft bristle brush to layer paint.  

Also, motor spray removes polycarbonate paint with no clouding on the body. 

GL!  

Thank you. Have been using much lighter coats and trying different angles of attack. I might drop some paint down there with a brush as suggested!

…. Like most of the advice in my life - I have now “just got on with it” - applied much lighter costs - holding the can further away and allowing drying time between coats. Much better final result.