frazd

Tamiya Polycarbonate jar paint ,Black wanted

Hi, Does anyone have any old jars of the Tamiya polycarbonate brush on paint .. Jar , Black. I could buy? Thank you for any help.

PC paint had been discontinued and the old ones I got don't work too well. I had to use pretty hash thinner to make them work. A suggestion (even from Tamiya themselves) is to decant spray paint to use with a brush. 

Hi , Thank you for the reply, I don't want to use the paint, I just want one of the old Polycarbonate Black jars to go with my vintage Hornet / Box and manual, An empty one would be fine.

Regards

Fraser

3 hours ago, frazd said:

An empty one would be fine.

How about scanning, editing and printing out your own label? Tamiya labels comes off cleanly when soaked in warm water. Scan it, edit it to PC-1 (I think), print it out and stick it on a X/XF-1 paint jar (for the black cap). Get the 23ml version as PC paint came only in that size and not the new 10ml jars. 

Hi, Thank you for the reply , Yes that is an option i could look into.

Regards

Fraser

I have one coming, but not to be used , just to have the old vintage paint to go with Vintage Hornet.

Regards

Fraser

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, frazd said:

I have one coming, but not to be used , just to have the old vintage paint to go with Vintage Hornet.

Regards

Fraser

I'm looking forward to seeing your display, frazd!  B)  

Are you also planning to display with a vintage controller, batteries and the whole 9 yards?  I have these catalogs from the 1980's with a mail order form (yes, by snail mail) for MRC.  :lol:  Someday I plan to make a vintage corner in my pretend RC shop.

IMG_2022-10-25-072906.jpg.b73bd1518b76dc79af25ec5236f34b1a.jpg

IMG_2022-10-25-072838.jpg.06d4ff5f8f4bf699179fe5ad35f42e89.jpg

Very nice 👍  I might post some pictures at some point, I have two vintage Hornets, one vintage box, manual, old school radio gear, I will buy a vintage hump pack battery at some point to go with them,  I also have Rough Rider, Sand Scorcher, Ford Ranger, mostly vintage some Re Release parts. And Re Release Sand Rover and Holiday Buggy, but i prefer the vintage ones, and i like the old mechanical speed controllers, not so keen on the electronic speed controllers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frazd said:

Very nice 👍  I might post some pictures at some point, I have two vintage Hornets, one vintage box, manual, old school radio gear, I will buy a vintage hump pack battery at some point to go with them,  I also have Rough Rider, Sand Scorcher, Ford Ranger, mostly vintage some Re Release parts. And Re Release Sand Rover and Holiday Buggy, but i prefer the vintage ones, and i like the old mechanical speed controllers, not so keen on the electronic speed controllers.

Very cool.  Yeah, nothing wrong running MSC on older models.  ESC’s are very convenient though especially for the BEC.. no need for the 4 AA to power your servo and receiver… and the plus side is far better throttle modulation.  But that can take away from the vintage vibe, I get it.  B)

IMG_Apr92021at50153PM.thumb.jpg.dad4d7359bc291185707fc9e2c908816.jpg

👍 , Yes that's what i will get next, Nice looks mint. I want one for display only , because i don't want to remove the plastic parts in both my chassis.

2 hours ago, frazd said:

👍 , Yes that's what i will get next, Nice looks mint. I want one for display only , because i don't want to remove the plastic parts in both my chassis.

Thanks, yeah it is like new, and I have the box for it too.   I actually charged them last year (I have 2 other ones in mint condition) and they all charged!  :lol:  I was pleasantly surprised.  NiCd is so rugged. 

1 hour ago, frazd said:

Nice , what cars are you in to?

For vintage that use the hump backs, I am into the original Wild Willy (M38).  I also have the original Pajero and Willy's Wheeler. B)   My SandScorcher can also take the humpback, come to think of it.

I also made these from sub-c's I bought off Amazon.. if you ever decide to drive your classics.  

IMG_Mar232021at53447PM.jpg.6bfcfef8dd1a3c18b27b2fb2a541e7dc.jpg

Cool 👍 i have always liked the look of the Wild Willy, i know the Pajero but not the Willy's Wheeler, i will have to look that up and see.

38 minutes ago, frazd said:

Cool 👍 i have always liked the look of the Wild Willy, i know the Pajero but not the Willy's Wheeler, i will have to look that up and see.

Looks like this..

IMG_Jun212021at82722AM.jpg.cc7b350a1051aab6d54a64d60ba27685.jpg

If you hit the signature below my posts, it will take you to my profile page "About Me" where it shows a couple :ph34r: of my projects.  Thanks for checking it out.  :D 

Nice, I have never seen that one before, probably because none of my mates had one back in the day. Nice display 👍

• Thanks 1