Sign in to follow this  
Gunner44

Vanquish / VQS query

Hi all,

Could anyone elaborate on the issue with the G11 part. Thinking of getting a VQS but have found it tricky to identify the specific problem. Does it flex, or break at a particular weak point? And if so any pics to illustrate where and the cause?

Thanks

Gavin talks about it in this video ~3mins.

I was tempted to get one too, but as I'd want it to drive the issue with G11 plus general spares availability has put me off so far...

• Like 1

Thanks, very helpful. So a poor design but compounded in the vanquish due to plastic aging.

Any VQS runners who can comment on longevity of new plastics and sensible running? or do they still fail quickly due to the leverage of the shock tower etc irrespective of new production?

Thanks

No issues at all with a hard driven brushless VQS here, running lipo, 10.5 T , high caps and ball diffs, it is a really nice runner, and I do have an Egress to compare it to......

As per that video, I do see the G11 3D printed replacements going $10 each on eBay.. I'd just buy a handful of those spares and get the car if you really want one.  All cars break if driven spiritedly at some point.. 

GL with your decision, OP!  

3 hours ago, Gunner44 said:

Thanks all, sounds like a new one should be ok

GL with your purchase and build!  B)