slydar

Dyna Storm Under tray?

I've seen these on a few peoples builds. Obviously an aftermarket part, but does anyone know who produced these and if they're still available?

• Like 1

No Idear and never saw one in use with standard chassis (with side poles). You can get a lexan sheet or thick vinyl foil and cut your self a protector for the carbon chassis but its not this kind of undertray you know from other buggys.

Can you post some pics of the few you have seen?

• Like 1

@94eg! This was for Nimrod slim type chassis only, right? Obviously not fit to original DS but I was not realy into it at that time Nimrod made his parts.

This is my approach:

Im not sure it matters. If the undertray mates with the DS body shape, it won't matter what shape the chassis is..... so long as it's smaller than the body. You just leave the side guards off.

• Like 1

True, leaving the side guards off would be the way to go. Maybe @slydar is telling us whats his plan. This or that way, undertrays are not direectly available.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 4:27 AM, Collin said:

True, leaving the side guards off would be the way to go. Maybe @slydar is telling us whats his plan. This or that way, undertrays are not direectly available.

Yeah I am just doing a build from parts and the K parts are obviously no longer available. I'm lucky to have a good contact for cnc cutting chassis plates/towers etc, so the chassis can be whatever. 

I've tried forming the material myself before with a very basic female mold/male plug but it didn't go so well.  

Thats a good point. Would be great to have a lexan made undertray going from front to back and sidewalls as K parts. My FDM printed ones are too weak for its purpouse.

On 10/27/2022 at 7:32 PM, 94eg! said:

Indeed, Nimrod did one. I've got one still uncut, but until somebody else decides to have a go I'll keep it like that..

Someone should make a double undertray to protect your Nimrod undertray.

• Haha 2

If only someone have the vacuum machinery it could be do it.

Max

• Like 1